System Settings - Confirmation of application

Jeremy

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on these system settings to see if there are what we are expecting and if we can use them to help in our work flows etc?

experimental.feature.bpm.enableundofeature
experimental.feature.pcf.allowfieldbinding
experimental.feature.pcf.enableVersion2

experimental.feature.bpm.enableundofeature - This is just an option that lets you undo actions, such as when you delete the wrong node, you can use the undo to bring it back.  The setting currently suggests that it is not ready for production use, so possibly worth holding off using this.

experimental.feature.pcf.allowfieldbinding -  I'm not sure on this one.  I'll see what else I can find out about this.  

experimental.feature.pcf.enableVersion2 - We are rewriting the backend of Progressive Capture.  Once ready, version 2 will be automatically applied to your instance, so nothing here that would help you at the moment.

• 1 year later...
On 12/19/2019 at 2:24 PM, James Ainsworth said:

experimental.feature.pcf.allowfieldbinding -  I'm not sure on this one.  I'll see what else I can find out about this. 

Hi, 

Are you able to confirm what this setting does?

experimental.feature.pcf.allowfieldbinding

Used in PCF when you have conditional fields using override flags with different questions being displayed on the (same) form depending on certain criteria. While the questions are different (for the user filling in the PCF) the answer or the data (regardless of the question) needs to be stored in one single place (e.g. a custom field) so it can be used for further processing in the BP. By default when building a PCF, when mapping answers to custom fields, you can only map one custom field per one question/answer (the validation mechanism which runs when saving the PCF will stop the save if the same field is mapped to two or more questions/answers). The field binding setting will allow you to bypass this and give you the option to map more questions/answers to the same custom field, which is quite useful for the conditional fields scenario. Hope this makes sense.

that's great thanks @Victor! I had a few occasions where I wanted to map 2 x responses to the same Custom Field... population of the field was supposed to be based on which direction the customer went in the flow... and I kept getting an error trying to map them.  Nice to know this setting exists to bypass that error.

I think in the end I used the BPM to map the fields based on the PCF responses.

Cheers!