Activity Templates

Lauren

Hi

We use activity templates quite heavily and the list of templates we use is continuing to grow. I have the following queries/requests:

1) Can activity templates be role or team based? There are some activity templates that I would only want a certain group of users to be able to see and use.

2) Are there plans to introduce sorting of activity templates? I guess I am thinking along the lines of timesheet categories and sub-categories here - so you'd have a category of say Network Services and within that you'd have all of the activity templates relating to Network Services. I guess this links back to the first point as you could have permissions on each of the categories.

Thanks
Lauren

Hi @Daniel Dekel

Thanks for getting back to me. Groups would be perfect.

With regards to the sorting, how would an analyst select the template when they're logging an activity? Would it be a case of selecting from a drop-down the activity categories (which would need to be predefined somewhere), then selecting the relevant template from a second drop-down which is dependent on the first?

Lauren

Hi @Lauren,

We would give you an option to manage a list of categories or create your own (not from the list) and when you create a new activity you would be able to select first the category and based on that the list of templates will be filtered by that, as you mentioned, similar to the Timesheet Manager app. That would probably be activated with a system setting because not all customers use the categories or don't have so many templates.

We will soon have a big job around activities so we can accommodate these changes but don't expect seeing this soon.

Kind regards,

Daniel.