Solution Action button - solutions posted to Customer not showing embedded images?

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

I have been trying out the Solution Action button feature within Service Manager, and have noted that when publishing a Solution to a Customer where the Solution source has embedded images these images do not show on the customer side (screen shots below - 1st one shows the FAQ / Solution in the request, and 2nd shows the posting to the Customer)

Should the customer see the embedded images when we provide a Solution to them from within Service Manager within the Service Portal All My Requests area?

Thanks

267445446_image2.png.818d67bc8f48a7d38addaa7358cbca49.png

143114559_image1.png.8f707d269160952645bb2bc19747c84d.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Bump for this - is anyone able to confirm that only text from Solutions will be shown in the Resolution box please? I have tested this again today, and I am only seeing the text in the solution but not the image?  If this is correct and expected, can we look to have any images in the resolution or is this not possible? 

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Mohamed

Hi @Adrian Simpkins @Jeremy

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Our developers have had a look into this and it seems that there is an issue with this feature

I have raised this with the team and we will look into enhancing this feature, resolving the issues that you are experiencing

Regards

Mohamed

Hi Mohamed, 

Thank you - no worries, this will be great if resolved as I can really push the FAQs solutions to the teams, I think this issue prevents some uptake of usage at the moment, and its a great feature.

Many thanks as always

• 1 month later...

I have what I think is a variant on this one, but I may be wrong. 

When a customer emails a Request in to Service Manager our response to them includes the Description. If they have a logo on their email this then gets replaced by a code that HSM has given it e.g. [cid:image001.jpg@01D67709.0859C440]. We would like to be able either to include the image (preferred) or not include the HSM code, as it doesn't look good to present someone's signature back to them as [cid:image001.jpg@01D67709.0859C440]

Thanks

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

@RIchard Hortonthanks for your post. Indeed, the connection would be that in each scenario the "Description" field and "Resolution" field of a request currently aren't fed anything other than plain text.

Just to provide a brief background on the tag you've highlighted. The "cid:" tag, as its known, is an email standard used to reference in-line images within an email message. Email clients have to package an email to make it suitable for transport, one part of this process is to replace each in-line image with a cid: tag which ensures that when the recipient comes to open the message, the email client knows exactly where to unpackage the image and display it within the text. So the cid: tag is actually content which is being lifted from the email.

Until the situation changes with regards to in-line image attachments in the request description and timeline, I personally find the existence of a cid useful as it tells me that there's an image associated with the text and I can view the source email to see the detail. However, I can appreciate the point on aesthetics.

Dan

• 7 months later...

Did this get any further?  It looks weird having big spaces where images used to sit in the FAQ and the text references what's in the images that are not there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone managed to resolve this? 

We are also having an issue with broken images in FAQ's.  We have started to publish and promote the use of FAQ's across the business and when first published the images show fine but today I have looked at them and over 50% now have broken image icons where the screen shot used to be?

image.png.2361585111b9763e7a541f68a959e7ae.png

• 1 year later...