Error message on LDAP discovery

Dan Munns

Hi all, 

I am getting this error on an adhoc LDAP discovery job:

09:40:40 Process Error: 1 - Unable to load LDAP attribute mappings: D:\dev\build\esp\EspServer\Instance\__TargetFolder\idata\instance_conf_template\conf\LdapAttributesMapping.xml
Process Error: 1 - Unable to load LDAP attribute mappings: D:\dev\build\esp\EspServer\Instance\__TargetFolder\idata\instance_conf_template\conf\LdapAttributesMapping.xml

Looks like a remote server issue rather than anything local. Any ideas/help?

@Gerry I get the feeling you are going to be adding me to your mute list before too long :) 

• Haha 1

Dan

Yes, rather embarrassingly, that's a configuration error on our part . However, it is going to require a software update at your end to resolve, and we'll get that to you just as soon as we can.

In the meantime, would running discoveries against a Windows domain via ADSI get you going?

Graham

@Dan Munns

Lol not at all, bring it on.  That error looks suspiciously like a Hornbill blunder, I think we appear to have left a hard-coded path normally used for developer in the release build :/ I will post internally to see and to get this sorted, we can probably hot-fix this

Gerry

@Graham  @Gerry

Yeah I did an ADSI discovery scan on one OU to add some test machines.

Strangely this found the 9 machines and pinged 7 of them successfully.

Managed to get DNS lookups for 5 and imported them into the Inventory but i can only see 3. Running the scan again show the 2 missing ones as being added again but they still dont show up. 

Also as a QoL change, can we have a view which shows both managed and unmanaged assets in the same list. With a column to show the managed state of the device.

• Like 1

Hi @Dan Munns,

I think your missing inventory items may be due to WinRM and missing mandatory data not being returned during the discovery. Could you try the ADSI discovery again please, but select DCOM as the protocol instead of auto and let us know if it adds your missing items?

image.png

Cheers,

Steve

• 1 month later...

So I am having problems with ldap discovery due to the OU structure at my company. 

If i run a discovery on the following location it works: Princes.co.uk/CI Project/Desktops

However, if i run the discovery on a location with additional spaces in the name such as: Princes.co.uk/CI Project/Desktops Windows 7 it fails with The supplied username  BLAH could not be validated against the Windows 7 domain. The user name or password is incorrect.

For whatever reason it seems unable to interpret the second space however it has no issue with the first space. Tried surrounding it in different quotes but with no luck. Any ideas?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...