ESM - Accident Reporting

TSheward_SGW

Greetings, 

In the spirit of digital transformation I am looking into whether the accident reporting process for our health and safety manager can be brought inside Hornbill. 

Based on their requirements I feel it could work pretty well in conjunction with Document Manager but having second thoughts now that I've explored the currently available automations. 

Ideally when a request is raised I'd like a corresponding document be created in Document Manager and then linked to the request in question. I know there are APIs etc. available outside of the BPM, would this be able to be accomplished using these? Ideally I'd also like to be able to add tags, move to different libraries and set review dates via the BPM too...

Many thanks for any advice in advance. 

Tom

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to elaborate on what the document content would be and where the content would be gathered from.  It would help understand what your aim here is.  Does the document contain further questions or is this correspondence.

Thanks,

Samrai

Hi @Samrai many thanks for coming back to me, sure thing!

There are these accident report forms that have to be completed any time there is an accident on one of our sites. The form is essentially split in two, the person reporting the accident fills in half, this then goes to Health and Safety who complete the corresponding investigation second half of the form. 

In my mind, digitising this process, we'd have the users complete the first half of the form by completing a progressive capture which will generate a request, the health and safety manager would then pick up the request up and complete their part. As you cannot edit the questions section of a request, I was proposing the investigation part is completed in a document manager doc and linked to the request. The creation of the document, naming of it, linking of it to the request, putting it into library based on site, year etc. to keep things organised in my mind would all be perfect candidates for automating via the BPM?

Thanks for any advice, guidance in advance!

Tom

• 1 month later...

Hi @TSheward_SGW

I think what yo would need here was the ability to define a template document and then plugin the values from your progressive capture form into that template to create the new document - which could then be published to libraries, link to the request etc.  Is that correct?  This is a feature I would like to add but unfortunately I don't think we are going to be able to work on it in the near future

Thanks

Trevor Harris