Another Connection issue

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

I have raised an issue with multiple connections previously which is being investigated / fixed by the team. However, I have another connection issue (I am unsure if this is linked to the previous issue raised).

A number of our PC's capture the Customers Manager, then the BPM will connect that Manager to the request as 'Interested'. Some will send an email to this connection, others just make the connection. I have noticed that this connection fails on a number of BPM's (screen shot below shows the update) which causes a connection error on the BPM. Then I go in manually into the request, remove the errored connection, then attach the connection again from within the request, then re-run the process and it works as expected.

I am unsure why the connection fails through the automated steps in the BPM, but then works when I manually remove and re-add the connection? I am using no different details from the Customers update.

Many thanks

1459046446_Connection031219.png.c4069ef2d3281fdc437eb7a9c963dddc.png

@Adrian Simpkins could you provide any screenshots of the BPM nodes (configuration) which is adding the connections?

1. Are you using a get customer info node to look up the customers manager before attempting to add them?

2. Are you using the customers managers ID rather than name when adding them as a connection?

Just a couple of initial thoughts, but the screenshots may help, along with the error message you are seeing

Hi Steven

Thanks for responding - screen shot below shows the BPM, and the config in the Add connection node - it uses h_custom_e to set the connection from the Customers input into the PC questions. I have a get request earlier in the flow but no get customer - however this is the same logic on a number of our BPMs, and it appears random as to which ones fail which ones work as expected

Many thanks

380505625_connectionbpm1.thumb.png.a181a450641c4047ae329f8bbd9054db.png

169996082_connectionbpm2.png.41509ed78f4a92d197c78863f6308e73.png

@Adrian Simpkins a few other questions if i can

1. Are you using the data query > Users pickers in PC or a simple list / static list of users, and is it mandatory

2. Given the above i assume you are mapping the pc answer to h_custom_e in your custom form on pc, and that this is set correctly?

3. Is there a value in the h_custom_e field, and is it the user id not name of the manager?

Hi Steven

1) yes using the data query - user picker for Customers to search for their managers

2) Yes the custom data field is set in the PC against the 'What is your Manager's name' question, and also set in the BPM to set against the custom field

3) value is showing in the field - value is the username of the Manager - firstname surname (I presume Hornbill will then check the account of the Manager and pull the email from there)

Thanks

@Adrian Simpkins looking at this, i think the issue could be the Display Value which is being injected into the customer field (h_custom_e). 

Below in my h_custom_e field i have this marked as Customer, you can see the user name which is injected - Greg Johnson

image.png

If we look at Greg's profile in the admin console we can see that Greg's USERID is in fact gregj, and it is this value which we need in order to add the user as a variable connection. 

image.png

Now i notice you have posted elsewhere about how you have 3 sites and the usernames are different at each one, so i am wondering if this would account for the fact that it appears random in that some users are added as connections and some are not i.e do any of the users in the 3 sites have a userid which matches their Handle (display value)?

You can cater for this and ensure it dosen't cause you an issue.

Rather than using the progressive capture mapping (i.e remove the h_custom_e form the field ID,) and call it something else, you can use the business process option for adding the connection from the progressive capture question.

1 . In the business process use the get request information > progressive capture questions

2. Use the same Add connections node and co-worker variable 

image.png

In the co-worker (from variable) field use the variable picker and find the relevant PC > Custom Form > Question

When you have the question, use the overwrite and choose the RAW VALUE option 

image.png

This will use the userid (irrespective of it's format) rather than the display name (handle) of the chosen user.

Once the user is added you should then use the normal email connection 

Let us know if this works for you

• Like 1