Xmlmc method invocation failed for BPM invocation node

PeterL

Hello,

Starting today we have been getting the following error messages on a range of tickets:

Xmlmc method invocation failed for BPM invocation node 'stage-b656dda2-4478-4afb-5baa-d1b8ad58c648/flowcode-8b6ec817-710e-4646-a47b-d46435094188': 0200 apps notifyEmailCustomer FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_bpm/notifyEmailCustomer): nodeName: Exception; nodeId: acd1ebbe-1cd9-4aed-bf14-50ce53f9a013; At 279/1: "Uncaught FCSException: The email template specified is invalid. Please contact your Hornbill Administrator." throw(e); _fc_node_exec_acd1ebbe_1cd9_4aed_bf14_50ce53f9a013

When checking the the external email template associated to the node there is no issue with it, neither the email template or BP has been changed recently. 

• Thanks 1

Has anyone had anything back on this? We are still seeing the odd call with the below error. 

Xmlmc method invocation failed for BPM invocation node 's1/flowcode-b0352867-2f33-4f4c-804e-b6b6d6a26918': <methodCallResult status="fail">

<state>

<code>0200</code>

<service>apps</service>

<operation>notifyEmailCustomer</operation>

<error>FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_bpm/notifyEmailCustomer): nodeName: Exception; nodeId: acd1ebbe-1cd9-4aed-bf14-50ce53f9a013; At 317/1: &quot;Uncaught FCSException: The email template specified is invalid. Please contact your Hornbill Administrator.&quot; throw(e); _fc_node_exec_acd1ebbe_1cd9_4aed_bf14_50ce53f9a013</error>

</state>

</methodCallResult>

Not heard anything back about this issue and its still occurring. I would have to send all email templates configurations within the BPM's as this issue is random and happens for any ticket raised. I can click to re-try the last step and as soon as i press this the BPM carries on processing which shows there is no issues with the BPM or email template the error is referring too. 

Good Morning,

We have had a couple of instances where a BPM fails with the error message 'The email template specified is invalid' at the resolution stage where it should send a resolution email to the customer, we have the same resolution email for all processes and it has happened for both our incicent process and one of our service request processes. The analyst was able to manually send the resolution email in this instance and in the past when manually restarting the BPM it didnt produce the error again either, could anyone shed some light on why this might be happening? Attached is an example of the process and error message of the latest occurence.

Resolutionemailbpmfailure.thumb.PNG.02988fec49a72358de0972de8ec80a6d.PNG

Regards,

Daniel.

Hi @James Ainsworth,

Thanks for letting me know, interestingly I've just had another report of the same issue but with a different business process and a different email template. This time the error appeared on the initial 'new request confirmation' email that gets sent to the customer when the call is initially logged. This is the full error message incase it helps.

Last Updated On : 16/12/2019 22:29:23
Xmlmc method invocation failed for BPM invocation node 's1/flowcode-cc551f0a': <methodCallResult status="fail"> <state> <code>0200</code> <service>apps</service> <operation>notifyEmailCustomer</operation> <error>FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_bpm/notifyEmailCustomer): nodeName: Exception; nodeId: acd1ebbe-1cd9-4aed-bf14-50ce53f9a013; At 317/1: &quot;Uncaught FCSException: The email template specified is invalid. Please contact your Hornbill Administrator.&quot; throw(e); _fc_node_exec_acd1ebbe_1cd9_4aed_bf14_50ce53f9a013</error> </state> </methodCallResult>

Regards,

Daniel.

@Lauren

Every time we have had this, when we restart the failed bp it continues as normal, and we still haven't made any changes to the BP or email template since well before this started happening.

Edit - Haven't actually had a problem restarted bp, it was just a few tickets in a row that errored at the same point.

• Like 1

Thanks @StephC @PeterL

We too had this problem but it was recently diagnosed as a fault with our local network. At the point that we would restart the failed business process, the network issue was resolved explaining why the error cleared and the process continued. 

It is worth noting that the Xmlmc errors we received didn't just relate to emailing the customer, sometimes they would relate to Assignment or Get Request Information nodes. 

Our internal investigations are continuing. 

Hi All,

The latest for the support ticket I have opened with hornbill is:

"Just wanted to let you know that this is looking like a defect whereby the UI is not passing the correct path to the template to the server.  I'll be in touch again shortly once this has been confirmed as a defect and I have the next steps."

Also in case it helps you can see all your live BPM's by turning on the following setting under Home -> System -> Settings -> Advanced

experimental.feature.bpm.allowinstanceediting

Then when you go into the BPM section you will see the following button. 

image.thumb.png.58915a393e98a8cb0a0a91532194941b.png

This will show you all your live BPM's and show you which ones have failed. 

• Thanks 2