Request only settings set via BPM

samwoo

Hi,

I would like to request the ability to have request specific setting that can be set by the BPM. 

My dilemma is that I want to force the users to make sure all the tasks are completed on certain requests (not all of them) before the request can be resolved.

Since the current setting for the tasks is a global one, I would like to request the ability to be able to set this as a flag individually from within a new node (maybe called Request Settings) so the functionality only applies to those requests where the the flag for the setting was set to 'Y'.

This won't just have to work for the task related settings, but for any other setting that is global but could be applied as a Request setting.  The beauty is that these setting can be changed on the fly at any point of the process depending on what needs to happen and doesn't impact the global settings.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

I have a change in our backlog which will look at providing Request Templates.  The idea behind this would be that a template that consists of a number of settings and/or configuration can be save.  This template could then be associated to either a Service or as you suggestion, maybe applied at the start of a BPM workflow.

I was thinking of templates rather than just a BPM Node as there may be a lot of possible settings, and possible some config like form design which would be hard to set as an option in the BPM.  

Regards,

James

Hi @James AinsworthAinsworth,

Nice one that does sound like what I am looking for. Thanks for the update on this. Hopefully other customers have a requirement for this as well to help move this up the backlog.

Thanks,

Samuel

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...