OneDrive - Share Drive Item - returns success but share is not undertaken

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

That's expected behaviour unfortunately - when the Continue On Error is switched on, the node will always return a success. I'll have a look to see if there's anything I can do to trap that and send back the error in an output param rather than just throwing it.

With regards to the "feature disabled" error, that's being returned from OneDrive so you'll need to speak to your O365 admins regarding that.

Cheers,

Steve

@Steve G

We have implemented a fresh tenant with a single paid One Drive account. We no longer get a permission error nor failure of the node, but the share does not occur. Permission Id is returned blank and the status parameter has the value of 'ok'. 

How can we diagnose what is happening?

Cheers

Martyn

image.png.2cd2e584a757d92da1fcff85168382a2.png

image.thumb.png.76f9d0862f99fc98cc6834a5570a1eaf.png

• 3 weeks later...

@Steve G

Thanks for the update. In this case the link will not be authenticated to the end user as there is no means to pass the users email address.

Looking at the API details in your link this would only be applicable to sharing by organisation or anonymous.

We are still not getting the permission id back from the share drive item process, so I wondering if there is another API call to retrieve the permission id by passing in the file id and the email address as a separate request.

Also, I have logged an support ticket about issue with the search drive item integration step, but thinking about it a bit more I think it is down the formatting of the 'Query' parameter. Do you have any documentation on the syntax for this?

Cheers

Martyn

5 minutes ago, Martyn Houghton said:

We are still not getting the permission id back from the share drive item process, so I wondering if there is another API call to retrieve the permission id by passing in the file id and the email address as a separate request.

Unfortunately not :( It appears that external share links don't have a permission ID associated with them. I have tried this API to get this information back from the share URL provided by the Send a Sharing Invitaion API, but the ID field in the output is always populated with 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 when shared externally... So it's limitations in the Microsoft Graph API's that we can't (currently) workaround, rather than issues with the integrations themselves :( 

The search integration uses this API, so we're just replacing {search-text} in the below with the string provided in the Query input:

GET /drives/{drive-id}/root/search(q='{search-text}')

Cheers,

Steve

@Steve G

Thanks for checking. 

In terms of the query parameter I am struggling to find documentation on the syntax of the '{search-text}' and I think the issue we are having is that the file names we are searching for contain spaces. 

I tried encasing the file name in double and single quotes, but that does not return any matches.

Cheers

Martyn

Thanks for the offer @Martyn Houghton, but I can replicate with my dev O365 instance.

There are a couple of issues here. The first is that spaces shouldn't be encoded in the usual way within the query - they should be replaced by a + character. That's fine though, as I can handle that in the iBridge operation code.

The second issue is a little more annoying - the API doesn't like full stops (or other "special" characters, it seems) in the name of the file being searched - except the one that separates the name and extension. I'm just trying to work out if there's a way to encode/change these characters for the API to play ball. I'll let you know how I get on...

Cheers,

Steve

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

I've added a new integration that will return an drive items ID etc, when it's provided the Drive and the Item Path:

So, if I have drive that contains a file in a folder within root, like this file here:

image.png

Where the items filepath is: Some Demo Folder/A Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 10.47.51.jpg

I can now get its unique ID for use in further workflow nodes using the new Microsoft>OneDrive>Drives>Get Drive Item Cloud Automation:

image.png

So as you know the path and file that you want to share, this new operation should hopefully workaround the drive item search API limitations...

I've just released this to Live, so it should be on your instance in a few minutes. Let me know how you get on with this one! 

Cheers,

Steve

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...