Chat: Further info required

Shamaila.Yousaf

I require further information on the Chat feature please.

• What are the restrictions for Chat being available to a particular service only i.e. we have different departments using Service Manager; If our dept buys into this. 
  • What are the possibilities of analysts doing a mention within the chat to other analysts who aren't chat agents and are not Chat subscribers? 
  • Is there the ability to open the chat service to certain customers only? - i.e. to test the service with some users before opening up to all our customers. 
  • Will analysts be able to redirect customers to the FAQs when in the chat?
  • Does it allow the analyst multiple chat conversations at the same time?

Just gathering the pros & cons before passing this to my manager to make a decision to proceed or not.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Shamaila.Yousaf

I hope you are well! In answer to your points:

• What are the restrictions for Chat being available to a particular service only i.e. we have different departments using Service Manager; If our dept buys into this. 
    • At the moment we don't have any segregation on a Service By Service basis. Live Chat is separated by Roles (i.e. Customers either have the role allocated to them raise Live Chat requests, or they simply don't have access to it). We don't have the ability to allow the Chat Window to only show for particular types of Service right now
  • What are the possibilities of analysts doing a mention within the chat to other analysts who aren't chat agents and are not Chat subscribers? 
    • This isn't possible - and I'm not sure it's something that would be introduced. The way it would work at the moment is that a Live Chat may be converted into a Request in Service Manager. From that point, the standard Collaboration functionality would apply so you analysts with a Service Manager subscriotion could mention eachother/collaborate around the request even if they didn't have a Live Chat subscription. 
  • Is there the ability to open the chat service to certain customers only? - i.e. to test the service with some users before opening up to all our customers. 
    • Yes - the role "Portal Chat Session User" is what is needed in order for end users to use the Live Chat app. So you would simply allocate this to a few test users, before applying to in bulk to ALL end users
  • Will analysts be able to redirect customers to the FAQs when in the chat?
    • Live Chat can't automatically present FAQs in the Chat Window, but Links/URLs could be posted by the Analyst to specifc Knowledge documentation 
  • Does it allow the analyst multiple chat conversations at the same time?
    • Yes, an Analyst could have different Chats available in different tabs of the Browser simultaneously if required

I hope this answers your questions - let us know if you have any more

Kind Regards

Bob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • TrevorHarris changed the title to Chat: Further info required