JIRA Cloud - Update Issue not working form Labels

I am attempting add a Label to a JIRA Issue using the JIRA Cloud 'update Issue' integration node. I am passing the mandatory key field and a value in the Labels attribute, but the update is not adding the label to the issue. I tested this with both the injections for the values from variables as well as hard coding as below.
image.png.8e6bf43f6fd548ce88b4a306c9368fef.png

I am wondering if the Labels element which is a new addition is using the wrong attribute type/dialog, as it is different to the way you set 'Labels' when creating the case  using the 'Create Issue' option.

image.thumb.png.b44e9eb30906c414ce48d37b4b7f2bc3.png

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

I've not been able to replicate this issue :( When I create a new issue from a request via a workflow, and then update the labels on the issue with a string followed by an injected parameter (request reference, as per your example), the labels on the new issue get updated as expected. See below - the BPM on the right shows how I'm updating the labels. The Update Jira Issue node is removing a label that I created in the Create Issue node, and adding a new one with the request reference tagged on to the end of my instance URL. And the updated issue in my Jira instance showing the updated labels:

image.png

I've added a status output parameter to the operation so you can use a decision node to catch when this operation fails on your Jira instance though, and have added some extra logging so we can hopefully see why this is failing. Give it 10 mins to hit your instance before you do any more testing, then let me know once you're done and I'll have a look at the logs.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

This is usually a config or rights issue on the Jira instance - specifically the user account making the API calls not having access to add/edit labels on issues... More information can be found in this post on the Atlassian Community:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Problem-trying-to-add-label-using-cURL/qaq-p/255420

Cheers,

Steve