PCF - Issues with displaying correct data

Jeremy

We have a question on a PCF that pulls data from a simple list and it is not displaying correctly, it seems to display display values in the PCF rather than the Value. It is set up as follows:

image.png.b6b2a2772aafae5df9a589ffb5d77c55.png

But on the Active PCF it shows the Default Display name:

image.png.a195fa02fcb63c7463da282e62044dd4.png

This is the Simple list:

image.png.f929482d3ccc67cbda4792b465f252bf.png

6 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

it seems to display display values in the PCF rather than the Value

@Jeremy yes, it will use the "Display Values" during PCF (hence the name "display") ... "Value" is what is (should be) stored in the DB and what is (should) be used in PCF and/or BP for various decisions... I am not sure why you woudl expect to see the "Value" during PCF? Unless I am missing something....

@Victor I thought that you can choose to display either, the reason that we want to do it this way is that we are assigning requests dependant on the Team that they choose, but in the Value column you cannot have the same values e.g. there are two departments that are supported by the same person and when you enter the name for a second time in the list it errors with a duplication error/message as you can have multiple display values the same.

There are two options to display.... we would of thought the PCF would honour which one you choose?

image.png.22858f3ef4db771445ee76962f5d3d95.png

Edited by Jeremy
add image

that this is order by function

:)

in the past we had the option to choose which column to display on the PCF

Mmm....  I don't remember if so... I don't think devs would have removed this option if that was there, as it would have been a breaking change...