Drop Box - Create Shared File Link not allowing publication with variable

When attempting to implement the Drop Box integration process and use the insertion of variables rather than hard-coding the filename, the node fails validation when you inject variables as the dialog is attempting to evaluate and check the files exists in real time, when the variables are not populated. Therefore you are then not able to validate and publish the BPM.

image.thumb.png.60195abbc52cadb61b0b547a194afcf2.png

Cheers

Martyn

HI @Martyn Houghton,

There's a couple of issues here:

1. The string that's prefixing the parameter wrapper &[]. This will cause the workflow editor to attempt to check the file exists - to avoid that, you need to only use an injected variable in those fields;
  2. You appear to be trying to use the file name & folder in the File ID field - this isn't supported, the operation requires you to provide the ID itself.

I'll see if I can provide another operation to search for files, and return the IDs of the top 5 returned (akin to those of Google Drive and OneDrive) so that you can use the output of that in this workflow. I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

Steve

@Martyn Houghton Actually, scratch point 2. I've just tested this, and we can give either the File ID or the full path in that field. So in this example,  I've written a path & filename in to h_custom_a, and the operation has successfully created the file link:

image.png

So you may need to write the path & filename in to a custom field, and inject that into the File ID field. I'll update the File ID tooltip to reflect this too.

Cheers,

Steve