Resolution Notification Not Working For Service Requests But Work For Incidents

GSM

I am trying to troubleshoot why a resolution notification e-mail is not being generated when a service request is closed, one gets generated when a incident is closed. 

This used to work.

I understand this may have something to do with the BPM, but I lack sufficient knowledge to adjust/amend these myself, can anyone please provide some steer.

@GSM it would be worth familiarising yourself with our BPM related documentation here:

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Business_Process_Workflow

Via the BP editor if you can locate the BP used by your Service Requests compare it to the Incident BP.  That will probably have a Resolution\Closure stage and will be configured to generate an email on closure.  You would need to compare that to what you have for Service Requests.

Hi @GSM

The node in the BPM that you are looking for is most likely the Email Customer node which is documented here

These are some of the options that you can configure.  One of the key options is the Email Template.  There should be a default Resolution Email template on your system already, particularly if you are already using this for Incidents. 

image.png

If you look at your existing Incident workflow you may see something like this...

image.png

Once you have determined how your Incident workflow is configured you should be able to apply this to your service request workflow.  

Let us know if you don't have any luck setting this up.

James