Missing Hornbill Notifications - clarification on Desktop Notifications

Martyn Houghton

Linked to my earlier post about trying to identify missing notifications we seem to have tied it down to 'Desktop Notifications'.

Can I query what logic is applied to notifications which trigger as a 'Desktop Notification', as they do not appear to be included in the the User App notification 'Bell' count nor appear when viewing the 'Dismissed' notification from the same icon. 

It appears that if a notification activity generates a 'Desktop Notification' it is automatically dismissed in someway, but I would still expect to see it in the 'Dismissed' list if this was the case.

Cheers

Martyn

• Like 1

@Martyn Houghton, having multiple tabs or opened at the same time can lead to dismissal of notifications when you are not expecting. Imagine you have one tab opened in a specific workspace and another tab in a different workspace. Want it or not, the notifications from both workspaces will be dismissed. Still it will show up in the dismissed list.

Some notifications will not appear in the bell area for example Tasks (Events) or Conversations as these have their own specific UI area.

Daniel.

@Daniel Dekel

The notifications that are being reported are Service Manager requests being update by the portal/email, when you do not have the request open on any browser page/tab.

What logic is applied when a desktop notification is triggered and is there any feedback from the operating system back to hornbill to advise whether you respond to it? I am prsuming not but just need to understand all the touch points.

Cheers

Martyn