Approval by Role

Joyce

Hi,

What are the possibility of  being able to set approvers on Approval node by roles?

For change request, I have created different roles which have up to 3 users, so that one of them should be able to approve ( and not all of them have to).

At the moment, I have to add individual users, and have to work out the percentages to get three right approval. It will be easier to set up by role ( eg, Infrastructure Engineer, IT Security, Service delivery), so anyone withing a team can approve the change.

Thanks.

Regards,

Joyce

@Joyce the first of the two nodes is not an approval node, it is a Hornbill Automation

Hornbill Automation > Hornbill Collaboration > Application > Utility > Get Approvers by role

This will give you input params to choose the required Role and set the approval type

image.png

Because the number of users with the chosen role is unknown, you would not use a traditional approval node, but instead follow the above node with the Auto Assign Authorisation node

image.png

Now there is no need in this node to configure any users.   When the process is run, it will use the Get Approvers by role node, and automatically inject them as approvers when it gets to the Auto Assign Authorisation node, and it will use whatever Authorisation Type you have chosen (Individual, Majority, Unanimous).   Because this is a dynamic list, i.e at design time you can't know for sure who or how many approvers have this role, you can't allocate them individual weightings, instead you can set the authorisation type:

* Individual - Anyone who is an approver can approve this (The same as giving everyone 100% weighting)

* Majority - Calculates based on the number of users, who at the time have the role what a majority would be i.e 3 out of 5 if there were 5 users with the chosen role

* Unanimous - Everyone will need to approve it, in order for it to be approved.

Hope that helps