On hold visibility "Manager Visibility"

Alberto M

Hi.

I have a colleague analyst that complained that she couldn't see the "placed on hold" entry in a request timeline. I also couldn't see the entry. After investigating using a Direct SQL to the h_buz_activities table, I found that, in some requests, the "place on hold" visibility is set to 35 - which I interpret as "Manager visibility".

I have set the  ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.popup.values setting to "customer, team, owner". and I also have the guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility.hold setting set to "team".

Why am I getting some requests timeline entry for "place on hold" set to 35 - "Manager visibility" - instead of, for instance, 10, or 30?

Thanks.

@Jeremy , yes, could be something like that. Before posting this, I landed in your post, while searching in the forums, and now I've seen that you've answered a few minutes ago.

In fact, while trying to investigate this in our instance, I've raised a request and played a bit with the "place on hold" in it. One of the times I've placed the request on hold, the default visibility appeared as "public" to me and was disabled in a way that I couldn't change it, which is strange.

@Steve Giller this happened to me only once yesterday. It seems to happen randomly. I've tried to reproduce this several times but the wrong default option doesn't appear set to "Public". For instance from a query I've made in the "Database direct", it seems like, since the beginning of September, rogue visibility code 1 appeared 6 times and code 35 appeared 33 times.

I detected the visibility code 35 because someone here told me to check a request that was on hold and no action placing on hold appeared in the timeline.

image.png.9cae9008cc7ea38ee4708920e8e99649.png