Business Process & Linked calls

Tina.Lapere

Hi,

We are currently working with HR to bring them on board with using Service Manager.  We are currently looking at a joint process for New Starters and capturing the information once but having 2 calls which are logged in each team (HR & ICT).  I have however run into an issue which I need help with.

We have an HR Service with an Onboarding catalogue item.  Then we have a PC (this asks both ICT & HR related questions) which is linked to the catalogue item along with a Onboarding BP.  Within the Onboarding BP we have a node which logs a call which is passed over to ICT (this is set to log using a separate Service & Catalogue item as it has to follow our process).

The PC works fine and so does the BP in the fact that it logs a call with us in ICT.  The problem appears when we start to run though the ICT BP.  Our BP is setup to look at the PC questions from the Onboarding PC (which is where the questions were answered) however when it hits a decision node within the process I get an error 'No matching gotoIf found'.

I've checked and triple checked they are pointing to the correct question and answer and they are all correct.  I've changed a branch to 'No match' and it takes that route then just falls down at the next decision node.

This is a really crucial part of HR and ICT working together and I was told that it should work fine.  I therefore don't know what I'm missing.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tina 

@Tina.Lapere if i understand correctly, you are trying to look at the PC from the HR Request from the ICT Ticket (which was created from the HR Request? if that is the case, then that will be your issue.  The PC questions are for the request ID of the HR request, not the ICT one, therefore looking them up in the ICT BPM isn't going to work.  

If you need to provide information from the HR request, to the ICT Ticket then there are other ways to achieve this, for example:

If you use the update option in BPM on the HR ticket, you can copy the ICT specific questions into custom fields in the HR ticket, before you create the ICT ticket from the HR BPM.

Following this, do a get request info node (to load the custom fields values for future use)

When you then use the Log Request node in the HR Process, you need to use the newly created requestID (ICT Request), this will be an output parameter from the LOG Request node (as below)

image.png

In the next node, use  an Update Request > Custom Fields node, in this node you need to set the REQUESTID field to manual, and using the variable picker, inject the requestid from the previous nodes output params (IE the newly created ICT request) 

In the custom fields, you can use the variable picker to inject the values from the HR custom fields (using the GET Request info node from earlier), and this will then inject the custom field values from the HR ticket, into the custom fields in the ICT ticket, where you can see them and also make ICT BPM decisions based on them.

image.png

A little long winded, but i hope it makes sense and is of use to you.   

Steve

@Tina.Lapere i think the approach of copying the required answers from one request to the other is the best outcome here - other options could include simply copying them to the description field on the original request, and then copying the description when creating the ICT request, but this would not make it easy to use the answers in the BPM of the new ICT request. 

@Steven Boardman I've setup the answers to the questions so that they to go into custom fields in the PC.  Then in the BPM I've got the details as you suggested,  got the ICT call to log (I'd already inserted the answers into the description field to make it easier for Analysts to see the information) then a node to update the Custom fields in the ICT call.  I've changed some of the BPM to look at the custom fields - not all of them just in case it didn't work.  It works :D  Thank you.

Thank you to all those in Hornbill that helped me with this :)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

@Steven Boardman Hi Steven,  We are just working on another joint process and wanted to check to see if there has been any progress/changes made on the ability to have a look back at the answers captured from within a linked call (using the example I gave above)?

It really would be much easier to be able to see if I could get the Get Progressive Capture Answers to be able to look at the HR call (in my example) rather than having to copy over all the fields into custom fields.

Thanks

Tina

@Tina.Lapere 

No change in regards to evaluating answers inside another ticket, however I am not sure if this will help, but if you are using the BPM to automate the creation of the linked ticket, using one of the option like below 

image.png

Then we have extended this, and you can now Copy the questions section into the newly created request 

image.png

So in the business process of the newly created request you will have the questions and answers from the original request.