Routine Rule updateRequest email notification to team

Luke

Hi, 

We have 2 routine rules set up (raiseNewRequest and updateRequest) and both are working, however I want to be able to configure an email notification on updateRequest being triggered when a ticket is assigned to a team but without an analyst (would therefore require an email address to be configured against a team which doesn't appear to be possible in System --> Organisation Data --> Organisation, unless I've missed a setting!) 

We have various team email groups and we want to be able to leave tickets assigned only to a team until an analyst is ready to work on them, but currently any customer emails that are applied to a ticket in this state don't trigger an email. 

I've searched the wiki and forums with no luck yet, does anybody have a solution using the current tool set? 

Thanks, 

Luke

1 hour ago, Luke said:

would therefore require an email address to be configured against a team which doesn't appear to be possible in System --> Organisation Data --> Organisation, unless I've missed a setting!

No, not possible and you haven't missed any setting :) 

1 hour ago, Luke said:

customer emails that are applied to a ticket in this state don't trigger an email

So, when a customer email is applied to a request (either by routing rules or manually), you want an email notification sent to the team that request is assigned to, right?

Have look at this notification configuration: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Notification_Settings (the "Email Update" section + prerequisites and templates)

I also understand that you have email groups configured aka an email address for the whole team, however you won't be able to use the group address in Hornbill for this particular scenario. The notification email will be sent to the team members based on team membership and email address for each team member (user).

It might be the case that email addresses in the group address that you have do not mimic the team membership in Hornbill and in this case there isn't any functionality to achieve the notification based on that group email which you have...

Also: Welcome, young Skywalker!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the very quick reply Victor! I'll check the wiki page out and have a go at setting it up. 

Yes you're right I want an email notification to the team, and I'm not concerned if it uses an existing email group or individual addresses for the team members, so this will give me exactly what i need :)