[IMPORTANT] Hornbill service impacted [RESOLVED]

Everton1878

And us here, got a whole service desk pulling their hair out.

It's happening pretty frequently for us. No other sites having similar issues, so pretty confident it's not a network issue our end.

Is there anything more than times that would be useful for us to capture to look into the issue?

All,

This issue is caused by selecting a Service through Progressive Capture in Internet Explorer 11. As a result, an API is triggered continuously in a loop, which in turn affects the responsiveness of your instance's database server. This will affect all users and access to your Hornbill instances through all browsers.

We are monitoring all Hornbill instances and we will resume your instances.

We have identified the cause of this issue. We are currently preparing a build to address this problem and I will post back very soon to announce the availability of a new build.

Once again, apologies for the inconvenience that this is causing. We are actively monitoring this issue and we will post back as soon as we have the RCA available.

Team Hornbill

• Victor changed the title to [IMPORTANT] Hornbill service impacted following recent Windows 10 and IE11 updates. Please Read!
  • Victor pinned this topic
  • Victor featured this topic

@Ehsan

Given your update (extract) below, can I confirm that this would only apply to the Live user app for Analyst when logging new requests and thereby having to select the Service/Catalog combination?

Consequently users of the Service and Customer Portal would not be affected as they select the Service/Catalog prior to initiating the Progressive Capture. i.e. I do not need to inform my external customer base not to use Internet Explorer with the portal.

17 minutes ago, Ehsan said:

This issue is caused by selecting a Service through Progressive Capture in Internet Explorer 11. As a result, an API is triggered continuously in a loop, which in turn affects the responsiveness of your instance's database server. This will affect all users and access to your Hornbill instances through all browsers.

Cheers

Martyn