Requirement to make requests or details 'dissappear'

Jeremy

We have created some forms where we are using Service Manager to gather information via the portal then handing these 'forms' off to another application.

Our Governance team has expressed a wish for these request to be cleansed e.g. the form questions to be deleted or the request to be removed from view with the option of deleting the request. Is there a way of doing this via a BPM as we would prefer to do this automatically rather than relying on a manual process.

Hi Jeremy,

Nothing in the BPM at the moment to do this task automatically.  Out of interest, do you need to keep these requests that you create with the Progressive Capture info once the other app is updated (just without the questions) or are you looking to completely remove the requests?  Also, is this another Hornbill app or an app external to Hornbill?

@James Ainsworth well I am preempting the team by asking for either the questions to be removed/redacted or to be able to completely remove the request once passed externally.

Once the request is filled in the we export out of Service Manager as a json and then convert this to a pdf and insert into our document management system.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jeremy,

I have raised a change based on your original post to have a Hornbill Automation for the BPM that will allow you at a particular point in the workflow to clear down /delete the Questions section.  Would this work for you? I just don't have a time frame on the deliverable, so I can't promise this any time soon.

• 9 months later...

Hi Jeremy,

I'm pleased to let you know that we have released this new feature that allows you to clear down the Questions section on a request via the BPM.  At the point in your process where you no longer need the Questions/Answers they can now be automatically removed.

Additional information on this BPM Hornbill Automation can be found here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

James