Sometimes Customer Updates do not take the call off-hold

samwoo

Hello,

I have been informed that a number of users have noticed that what seemingly to be at random, if a call is placed on-hold and a customer updates the ticket either via an Email response, or via the Service Portal, the ticket Status doesn't change to "Open" sub-state "Customer Update".

I've just had a look at the timeline of some of the requests, and throughout the life of these tickets, the on-hold/off-hold process is working, but there were at random times parts where the on-hold/off-hold process did not occur, even though the same sub statuses were used previously.

Please advise?

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @Josh Bridgens, the Sub statuses are changed manually, for example On-hold - Awaiting Response from Customer - this Sub-status requires a date and time to come off hold.

When a customer updates the call or sends and email into the ticket, it should automatically set the call to Open - Customer Update. This happens 99% of the time, except for when it doesn't.

The only time the BPM touches the substatuses is when a call is resolved or closed, and the call was not resolved yet in these cases.

Thanks,

Samuel

• 3 weeks later...

We seem to be having the same problem.  Has been working fine but all of a sudden customers are updating comments and the calls aren't coming off hold (even though we have the 'On customer response change sub-status to..' set to an off hold status).  This seems to be across all services.

Would be good to get a response from Hornbill on this.

For anyone affected,  it may be the case that the issue only occurs if the customer replies to a post on the timeline. If the customer creates a new post to the timeline the request is taken off hold as expected. Can you confirm if this is also the case for yourselves?

11 minutes ago, Deen said:

For anyone affected,  it may be the case that the issue only occurs if the customer replies to a post on the timeline. If the customer creates a new post to the timeline the request is taken off hold as expected. Can you confirm if this is also the case for yourselves?

@Deen
No, we have had tickets where regular customer updates have not taken the request off hold.
I filed this as a support ticket and it's reproduced in that ticket as well. https://success.hornbill.com/hornbill/servicemanager/request/view/IN00158431/
Currently still on hold despite me having updated, sort of a meta-bug

• Like 1