List View vs. Page View in Project Manager

Nikolaj

Hello Support and other Project Manager Users,

What do you think about a list view for Project Manager Tasks and Projects like it is in Service Manager for Requests.

I think that would be a big advantage because then you can have a big picture on one site for all Projects if you are a Portfolio Manager.

Also for tasks, milestones in a project if you have a lot of them then it is quit complicated to get an complete overview where we are.

A benefit could also be a nice filter then like in the service request view. 

For Tasks over end date or project over end date or milestones. just one example.

looking forward of your ideas.

Best regards

Nikolaj

@Nikolaj thanks for your post and apologies for the late reply. 

I have forwarded on your ideas to our product management team.

When you say like in service manager for requests, I presume you are referring to the fact you can see Incidents, Changes, Problems etc in a single list? This is largely due to the fact that they are all 'Requests' and share the same underlying information. Tasks for requests are not included in this view as they have very different properties.

I understand where you are coming from though and I'll ask the team to investigate the technical side of producing such a view and the effort it might entail.

Alex

@AlexTumber Thanks for your answer. Yes this is what i mean. And i don´t like this "paging" in Project Manager. because i can only see on one site 6 Milestones and 9 Tasks and in Projects with a lot of them it is quit hard to have an overview. I think with an list view like in Service Manager it is much easier to get the hole picture and also this filtering and so on would be much nicer.

Thanks a lot for investigation on this.

Best regards

Nikolaj

• Like 1

• 5 months later...