Routing rule setting missing

AgentVinh

Hi,

I'm looking for the following setting:

app.email.routing.rules.unknownUsers.sendConfirmation - Send an email to users who are not recognized by their email address

I searched using different search terms such as app.email.routing.rules and sendconfirmation and nothing brings up the setting. (Looked in Home > Applications > Service Manager > Application Settings and System > Settings > Advanced)

image.png.305744da0add9a743c116d0d80e11c1a.png

All the other email routing rule settings are there but I can't seem to find this one.

Vinh

@AgentVinh did you get that form documentation or FAQs...? If you are looking to send a reply back to users that do not exist in the system, the setting you are after is 

app.email.routing.rules.unknownUser.sendRejectionEmail
Should the auto responder attempt to send a rejection message to unknown email addresses

@David Hall @Victor @Steve Giller 

Thanks for your help, I got the rule from the bottom of this page: 

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Email_Routing_Rules

I have app.email.routing.rules.unknownUsers.allow and app.email.routing.rules.unknownUser.sendRejectionEmail enabled but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I wanted to send a confirmation email to end users that are not recognised by the system to say that their request has been raised. For example, when I raise a request from my personal Gmail, the request goes through but I don't get a confirmation e-mail that a request has been raised. This works only for users that are already in the organisational data

If the request is raised by a user unknown to the system then there won't be a customer on the request...No customer, no Email Customer node... because there isn't a customer. I understand you also tried email External Address node, but that won't work either because you need to specify an email address in the node configuration but you don't know the email address and you can't pull it form a variable because it is not stored anywhere.

Basically to achieve what you said you want you need functionality that's not in there :(

18 hours ago, Victor said:

If the request is raised by a user unknown to the system then there won't be a customer on the request...No customer, no Email Customer node... because there isn't a customer. I understand you also tried email External Address node, but that won't work either because you need to specify an email address in the node configuration but you don't know the email address and you can't pull it form a variable because it is not stored anywhere.

Basically to achieve what you said you want you need functionality that's not in there :(

Awwww okay :(

Is there any way to notify external customers of confirmation for their raised requests?

I thought that the following setting would do the job but not sure if it's been removed as I couldn't see it anywhere:

image.png.747ba3eb0e63ae813d1a86d633553203.png

@AgentVinh ok so it seems we have on these very rare scenarios when I was actually wrong!! (gasp!!!) :D 

So: 

3 hours ago, AgentVinh said:

notify external customers of confirmation for their raised requests

Can be done with current functionality but the setting we (or you) are after is not an "unknownUser" setting, is this one: app.email.routing.rules.emailConfirmation.newRequest.sendConfirmationEmail. With this enables the system will send back a confirmation email to the email sender, regardless if the sender exists in the system or not. This works (or should work) in conjunction with app.email.routing.rules.emailConfirmation.newRequest.template.* settings (depending on request type)

2 hours ago, Victor said:

@AgentVinh ok so it seems we have on these very rare scenarios when I was actually wrong!! (gasp!!!) :D 

So: 

Can be done with current functionality but the setting we (or you) are after is not an "unknownUser" setting, is this one: app.email.routing.rules.emailConfirmation.newRequest.sendConfirmationEmail. With this enables the system will send back a confirmation email to the email sender, regardless if the sender exists in the system or not. This works (or should work) in conjunction with app.email.routing.rules.emailConfirmation.newRequest.template.* settings (depending on request type)

@Victor Yes, yes. YES! Thank you, thank you!! It worked like a charm! Thank you for looking into it

Thanks to everyone!

• Like 2