Suppliers Details & Contacts

Tina.Lapere

Hi All,

I've installed Supplier Manager and watched the live webinar and I'm keen to use this.  We currently have most of our Suppliers already setup in Hornbill but as Organisations with their relevant Contacts.  Is there any way of getting this information moved/copied over to Supplier Manager without me having to enter it all again?

Thanks

Tina

@Tina.Lapere thanks for your post.

Great to hear about your thoughts regarding Supplier Manager.

Currently there is functionality available to import suppliers from a spreadsheet but not supplier contacts. This is very much part of our plans and will be added in a future update.

I suspect you're not the only one to have used Hornbill in this way so I think what would be ideal as well would be some sort of functionality that allows an organisation and its associated contacts to be converted to a supplier in Supplier Manager. I will pass this onto our product team for review.

Alex

• Like 1

@AlexTumber Converting Organisations and associated contacts into Suppliers within Service Manager would be the perfect solution, and save me lots of work :-) 

I'm guessing if Contacts were installed in Supplier Manger we would still be able to log calls against them?  The reason I ask is we have some third party contacts who request to connect to support applications when issues arrive and we currently log calls against them.  As I wouldn't see the need for these contacts to be held in 2 places I'd need this functionality to continue to work.

Thanks

Tina

@Tina.Lapere currently, Supplier Contacts are completely separate from Organisation Contacts. It's not possible to log a call against a supplier contact for example. In your scenario, it appears that you would need to record the information in both places as your organisation 'y' appears to be both a customer and a supplier.

Alex

@AlexTumber Oh OK, do you think this might change in the future?

In the scenario above it's actually a Supplier of an application we purchase/use who we have a support contract with who may need to connect in.  Therefore far better suited in the Supplier Manager app as then we have all the contract etc easily available.  

We only set them up in Organisation Manger because there was no where else to record them and we didn't want them logged against our organisation.

I hope that makes sense.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2019 at 11:14 AM, AlexTumber said:

@Tina.Lapere thanks for your post.

Great to hear about your thoughts regarding Supplier Manager.

Currently there is functionality available to import suppliers from a spreadsheet but not supplier contacts. This is very much part of our plans and will be added in a future update.

I suspect you're not the only one to have used Hornbill in this way so I think what would be ideal as well would be some sort of functionality that allows an organisation and its associated contacts to be converted to a supplier in Supplier Manager. I will pass this onto our product team for review.

Alex

Hi

Another one that would be a great help as we migrate from Customer Manager to Supplier Manager. We've imported the suppliers, but an easier way of importing a lot of contacts would be very handy

Thanks

Darren

• 2 months later...

@Tina.Lapere I'm afraid not.

What I can tell you though is that there is a new Supplier Manager update that will be released either today or tomorrow which includes a brand new import facility for supplier contracts. In the update after this, an import facility will be added for supplier contacts, and following that, the current import facility for suppliers will be updated to include the same functionality as the contracts and contacts imports.

The ability to migrate organisations from core and customer manager is very much part of our future development plans but at the moment I can't give you any particular time frame I'm afraid.

Alex

• 1 month later...

@AlexTumber - Sorry for the delayed reply. 

That's great news re the supplier companies.  Can someone please assist on what fields I'd need to run a report on Organisations to export that as a csv file to import them back in as suppliers?

Creating reports is something I don't do very often so any help would be gratefully received :-)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Tina.Lapere

I hope you and your family are well firstly, it's a crazy time!

I'm jumping in on this very late, but from what I understand I think there is a very simple solution here:

Within Customer Manager against both the organisation list and the contact list, there is an export button at the top of the list which will simply export everything, here:

image.png

Exporting from here will give you a csv file of all organisation detail, and the same for the contact export. The Supplier Manager imports from the admin portal are structured roughly the same, there is a separate import for both supplier organsations and supplier contacts, so it will be a very simple case of exporting everything from Customer Manager and then importing it back in under Supplier Manager.

The contacts have the organisation names against them in the last column of the export, which will be what is required for the Supplier Manager contact import to link the contacts to the organisations, so I don't think there will be much data manipulation to do (if any). I may still copy columns from the exported data into the Supplier import template to keep the columns headings the same, but they are so similar it should be a straight forward copy and paste.

The only difference I could see at a quick glance was the permissions field on the Supplier import, but the template has an example which mentions that there is a Supplier User role although this will only be for analysts anyway so isn't mandatory, and I would suggest isn't the place to manage analyst rights. 

It should be as simple as that, but give it a try and let us know if you have any trouble.

Thanks

Conor

Hi @Conor,

We are all good and well thanks I hope you lot are too?  It certainly is crazy.... it's gong to be like the summer holidays soon - I wont know what day of the week it is as they'll all be the same :(

I'll have a look at this soon, hopefully next week if things calm down a bit.

Thanks and take care

Tina