Service Request -> Change Request

Adambingley

Hi All, 

Hoping to post for some advice regarding service requests that are ultimately requests for change and advice on how to action/streamline these requests.

According to ITIL, any such change, should be recorded as a CR, however, as we do a lot of in house development, we get a lot of change requests that come in via service requests.

This causes my IT staff to pull their hair out because they are literally wasting time re-typing out change requests from a service request.

Anyone have a better way? Or should we simply allow low risk/standard changes to be resolved via SR to lower the amount?

IT would be Ideal if an SR could be converted to a CR as some ticketing systems allow.

Thanks

Adam

Hi @Adambingley

Without knowing the full scenario I could suggest a couple of options to handle this...

1. Could you use the manual option of raising a Change from within the Service Request so that the primary details (Summary, Description etc) are copied over for you to prevent retyping.  This will link itself to the service request when raised and enable you to track/update them together?

2. A more in depth automated option could be to include the automatic raising of a Change Request via BPM as part of your Service Request process.  At a certain stage of the Service Request process or based on certain criteria or approvals you could choose to automatically create a change and populate it with the relevant data.

Kind Regards,

Dave

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Hall said:

Hi @Adambingley

Without knowing the full scenario I could suggest a couple of options to handle this...

1. Could you use the manual option of raising a Change from within the Service Request so that the primary details (Summary, Description etc) are copied over for you to prevent retyping.  This will link itself to the service request when raised and enable you to track/update them together?

2. A more in depth automated option could be to include the automatic raising of a Change Request via BPM as part of your Service Request process.  At a certain stage of the Service Request process or based on certain criteria or approvals you could choose to automatically create a change and populate it with the relevant data.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave,

This would save a create deal of time, however, when raising a change from a SR, no details appear to be copied over? It links the request and shows that the source of the request came from an SR but doesnt pre populate any details.

Any ideas?

Best Regards

Adam

On 10/10/2019 at 3:02 PM, David Hall said:

Hi @Adambingley

Apologies, I should have pointed you more clearly in the direction of the linked requests tab.  If you raise the change from here it should pass through the summary and description for you.

Kind Regards,

Dave

image.png

Hi Dave, 

Sorry, I knew where you meant, however, this does not copy the summary & description for us?

Thanks

Adam