Wait for Request Update - what is counted as 'Request Update'

In order to try an get a workaround to the issue with the 'Wait for Status Change' node not triggering when the SubStatus is changed (post link at the bottom of this one) I am attempting to use the 'Wait for Request Update' node.

My logic was that I could use the 'Wait for Request Update' node to suspend the workflow and then check if the SubStatus had changed. If not return to the suspend node and wait for the next request update. Extract of the workflow and condition statement below.

However my BPM do not un-suspend when making a change to sub status, which leads me on to my question of what does trigger the 'Wait for Request Update' suspend node to complete?

image.png.c61abdb2d4bbe221b0a59f2e6882ce02.png image.png.b62e906ef1b341c43e7aa8943cb3ae0d.png

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton

Sorry had to check and test this one out to confirm.  In order to prevent getting stuck in loops we don't trigger a BPM update when a timeline entry is made in this case.  The best course of action is as you have previously requested to add a suspend operation for sub-status change which we'll progress in your other thread.

Kind Regards,

Dave