Wait for Status Change - to trigger when SubStatus is changed

Martyn Houghton

Currently the 'Wait for Status Change' node only completes when the primary 'Status' changes i.e. from 'OnHold'  to 'Open'. It does not trigger is the SubStatus is changed within the same parent 'Status', i.e. changes from 'Open->Pending with AM' to 'Open->Pending with Analyst'.

Can the node be extended to have the option to trigger on a change to the SubStatus or can a new Suspend Node be for this. i.e. 'Wait for SubStatus Change'?

Cheers

Martyn

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@James Ainsworth @Steven Boardman

Can you advise is there are any plans to address the issue of suspending and awaiting a 'Sub Status' change, as not currently having the ability to suspend the workflow and await the change from one sub-status to another under the same parent status is quite an problem for us for the new services we are bringing online this quarter.

Trying to use suspend and await expiry to check to periodically if the sub status has changed is not efficient on the our instance resources and will quickly  hit the maximum number of steps. 

Cheers

Martyn

• 2 months later...

@James Ainsworth

Thanks for the update. Hopefully this is something that can move forward, because once other customers make more use of Sub Status, they too will need the ability to suspend the workflow awaiting a change in between one sub status to another. 

I wish I could put the on hold when waiting on other internal departments, but from an SLA point of view they have to stay as open and we use the sub status to identify and report those requests waiting on the teams outside of the service desk.

Cheers

Martyn

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@James Ainsworth @Steven Boardman

Not having the ability to suspend wait a change in sub status is becoming a significant barrier for us to implement Enterprise ITSM operations where request are being raised through Hornbill as the front end but then need integrations with other departments which is why the request does not change parent status (i.e. go on hold) as the request is will open with us to coordinate and progress the internal processes.

Can this please look at moving this forward, sooner rather than later.

Cheers

Martyn

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@James Ainsworth

Service Manager build 2853 included a change for the 'Wait for Substatus Change' suspend node to consider sub-status, but the parameters and help on the node do not appear to have been updated and on testing this without setting any parameters the suspend node does not pick up the change of the sub-status.

Can you please advise on the specific changes made by CH00157807 and how we configure the node to proceed with the workflow when the sub-status changes within the same parent status?

Cheers

Martyn

image.thumb.png.663e9eb0fa1e6eb7dd0b6f4f4573d63e.png

image.png.9a78ae5f4bf72753e4696f262abd15ac.png

• Like 1