Chat Notification

Prem Prakash gautam

• 4 months later...

@Prem Prakash gautam

I agree I was about to log a new topic about this.

Is there anyway an email notification can be sent when a new chat is initiated?

if chat is very busy it may not be as much a problem, but for quiet times it will require someone to be sitting watching the screen constantly for a chat session being initiated which is not a good use of time or resources

thanks

lee

• 1 month later...

Hi,

The next release of livechat will feature the ability to enable desktop notification to be displayed when a user starts a new chat, this will mean you should see new chats even if your hornbill window is not in focus or is minimised.  This release should be available towards the end of next week

Thanks

Trevor H

Desktop notification for new conversation are now available in the latest update of livechat

To enable them you will need to go to your profile page by clicking on your images in the top right corner of the screen and then clicking on you name and then selecting the Settings tab and the Notifications subtab.

If you've not already done so you will need  to click the button to Enable desktop Notifications for this browser in the yellow box at the top of the tab and then your browser will then ask you to Allow Notification for this site, click allow.

You can then enable notifications for live chat by finding the New Conversation type under the Hornbill Live Chat heading and turning the toggle under Desktop on, now when a new conversation is started and your browser is not in focus you should get a popup informing you.

This feature is only available on browsers that support desktop notifications (Chrome, Firefox, Edge)

image.png

Thanks

Trevor H

@TrevorHarris

also another thing i noticed is the little chat icon on the screen is still visible and allows people to start a chat even outside of the  Working hours?

If you click the Live Chat option at the top of the screen in here it says chat is now closed, but I think people just select the chat icon from the home screen (still using service.hornbill... pages).

Is there any way this can be changed so it either hides the icon until the opening time or at least displays the message we are currently closed?

thanks

lee

• 2 weeks later...