Can't add a custom button...

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

In addition to this, I've updated an existing button successfully, but it's not picking up the custom fields as expected (there is definitely data in the custom fields)

image.thumb.png.a709dbd15312570bd0b64a5c06d1421f.png

Thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

Hmmm.....ok, so I've now got this working BUT I had to change the custom fields to custom_a and custom_b (and not custom_39 and custom_40)

Is there some sort of stipulation that you can't use the 'extended' custom fields without using the 'normal' custom fields? 

For instance, I've created a dummy PCF which puts two pieces of text information in to Custom 39 and Custom_40 (with no other custom fields being used). When I log this request, there is nothing in the two custom fields....however, if I change these fields to custom_a and custom_b, the information DOES get entered where it should (I realise this is unlikely to happen in a 'real world' scenario, but it's confused me a tad!!) 

Regarding the original issue, I think this is likely to be caused by the configuration for the custom buttons being too large.  I presume you have a configured multiple custom buttons here, it is probably the case that adding the new button puts the configuration of the size limit.  I will raise a defect for this.

Thanks

Trevor Harris

Guest Paul Alexander

@Chaz - thanks for this...I've already started putting data from PCF's in these fields though? And I have BPM's which work based on values in these fields, and they're working fine at the moment?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Paul Alexander

I've just tried adding another custom button, and I've got the same 'error upserting option value'

Any news on whether this will be fixed please? Or how to get around it?  

Guest Paul Alexander

@Steve Giller

This seems to be only when trying to invoke the ibridge for me. 

I CAN create a button if I choose the 'open url' option. But if I try to use the 'invoke iBridge' option that is when I get the error.

This happens even if I create a button using the 'open url' option (which DOES work)  and then try to change it to 'invoke ibridge'. 

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Steve Giller

As an Admin, can I see ALL the custom buttons that have been created? If so, we don't have many! 

image.png.80db3fdecf83509b589f586d5c1f0b7f.png

Can I ask that the database field is expanded so that we CAN have more custom buttons please? 

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

Can this request be added as an enhancement please? We're trying to make things as easy as possible for our Support Teams and having extra custom buttons would help a lot, but we can't add any new ones at the moment.

thanks