Departments with & symbol not syncing

Lightsource

13 minutes ago, Steve G said:

Hi @Lightsource,

When you say you're using AD sync to add the department in to Hornbill customers, what mechanism are you using to get those in to Hornbill? Are you using one of our import tools to perform this, or an external script? At what point is this actually failing?

Thanks,

Steve

We are using the hornbill LDAP import tool. 

The tool its self doesn't fail and the users and their details appear to come across, except in the case of those who have the "&" symbol in there department. it will bring across everything except their department. 

@Lightsource I've just attempted to replicate this issue, and have been unable to :( I have a user in my test domain, who has a department of Research & Development, and have a Research & Development department group in Hornbill. When I import this user, the department is applied as expected. This also works for user updates as well as user creation. What version of the LDAP Import Tool are you running?

Is there any information in the log regarding this user, that could give us a better idea as to what is happening? The information in the log is collated per user, so it should be pretty easy to spot any errors... For example,  this is from my log for the user I've just successfuly imported:

image.png

And the resulting user:

image.png

Cheers,

Steve