reopen on comment?

HHH

@HHH

When a request is at Resolved status. in the customer portal they get the red and green button prompt to confirm it is fixed or if it is still not working. They do not have the option to comment, attach or feedback when the status is set to Resolved.

If they click on the it is still not working, it will reset the status back to open.
image.png.0bc8b3ad31df8764957e3f16142fa6fb.png
We adjusted/removed the standard by updating the translation, but you cannot disable the buttons, hence why the red one just has a dot in it as it could not be null. The reason we do this is to stop the customer from re-opening request as this currently breaks/reset the SLA from scratch. 

Our current BPM close the request one minute after it is set to resolved, so the customer can then leave feedback.

We have asked to be able to trigger the above by setting a request as resolved but not marking the SLA timers, but pausing them, so you do not hit the issue with the SLA being reset. I dig out the forum posts and add them to this for info.

Cheers

Martyn

• Like 1

Thanks @Martyn Houghton

But after getting some more information from the customer it appears that you can go to your closed tickets in the customer portal and comment on them. The customer then expects the ticket to re-open.

So with this information I'll re-phrase the question.

Is there a way to disable commenting on closed tickets?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/2/2019 at 4:25 PM, James Ainsworth said:

I believe that making the Timeline read-only is something that will be possible on the new Employee portal.  

Any hope of this being implemented in the customer portal?

• 2 months later...

+ 1 for us too. 

We are looking at a project that needs the tickets once closed to be closed and not editable at all.

And +++ 1 

for being able to remove or disable the "it's working" or "not working" either on a specific service or everything.  

• 3 months later...

Hi Jeremy,

I'm assuming that your +1 is for the ability to turn off updates by the customer.  We have actually finished the work on this feature and is going through final testing before it moves to a release.  Possibly a couple of weeks away.  This will include two settings that will allow you to enable/disable the ability for a customer to update a closed request on the Customer Portal and the Employee Portal.

Regards,

James

• 1 month later...

I wanted to let you know that the ability to make a closed request "Read Only" to customers on the Customer Portal and the Employee portal is now available as of Service Manager Build 1919.

image.png

These settings will make the timeline in a request read only so that a customer cannot continue to update or add comments to an existing post within the Timeline. The closed request will only be available for reference.

Customer Portal Setting: guest.servicemanager.portal.requests.readOnlyClosedRequests

Employee Portal Setting: servicemanager.portal.requests.readOnlyClosedRequests

I hope this helps.

Regards,

James

@James Ainsworth This is excellent news - thanks for the update. I have made the setting this morning (to a 'virtual' round of applause from my support staff!).

Now we all need to do is have the option to completely disable Comments in an Instance or at the least have better notification of when a Comment has been made on an Open Request. But these has been raised elsewhere! My guys really don't like them.