Service Manager (1667)

neilcg

@neilcg it does also include Service Requests yes.   Please remember, you need to be a subscribed user (not a full Service Manager subscription) to be assigned an approval, but if you are then clicking on the link in the approval task will open up a view of the change or service request, from where you can make your authorisation decision, as well as comment on timeline posts or add an update.  

Hope that helps

Steve

@neilcg,

I've had a look at your Hornbill subscription to the Service Manager offering - Up to 65 users can access the application. It looks like you may have granted access to the Service Manager application to more than 65 users. Users who are considered as approvers only (i.e. they do not interact with the Requests List and only need to get a read-only access to Requests that they need to approve in the Portal) do not need to be granted access to the Service Manager application - They only need to be assigned the Self Service User role.

To see who is subscribed to the Service Manager application - Navigate to the Admin Tool (https://admin.hornbill.com/[YOUR INSTANCE ID]/) > Applications > Hornbill Service Manager > Application Subscriptions tile.

image.png

If more than 65 users need access to the Service Manager application - Please get in touch with our Customer Success team to enquire about purchasing additional subscription.

@neilcg,

A Collaboration user will only be able to view the Request details through the Employee Portal, provided that an authorisation decision is required of them. This can be accessed via  main menu > Home > My Services - Within the Portal, look for the Request in question. The Request clickable link within an Authorisation task should also automatically direct them to the Request in the Employee Portal.

image.png

@neilcg,

This feature (As well as any other new enhancements to the Portal, such as the Connections feature) are only available within the My Services area (i.e. Employee Portal) - which takes you to https://live.hornbill.com/[INSTANCE ID]/my-services/. FYI (You can refer to the forum post about this), My Services area was unveiled at Insights 2018 which aims to replace the Service Portal.

What roles are associated to the user who is having trouble accessing a Request from an authorisation task?