Change the text on the Activity field

Adrian Simpkins

Hi

I want to see if I can change the text shown on the 1st popup for an Activity where you have to select 'Complete' to get to the actual activity / outcomes - I want to change this to read as 'Next' or something similar but I am struggling to locate this text in the translations to make any changes as having Complete on the 1st screen, then Completed / Not Completed on the actual activity is confusing. 

Is there a full list of translations available anywhere else that I can search (other than direct in the Admin tool), or can anyone advise how I would search for any text strings within the translations screen as I am searching for 'Complete' and getting no positive finds when searching.

Any tips on how I should locate any text I would like to change would be appreciated !

Many thanks

1951390046_Completed1.png.8a26b70eaac72f7df1e7561a9f5bfe04.png

Guest Paul Alexander

Hello

this isn't an answer to your request, but just wanted to make sure that you knew that you can skip this view of the activities by clicking the 'tick' box rather than the subject line:

When you see an activity in a request, hover over the top right hand corner of the activity and a 'tick box' appears:

image.png.5833f54f466ba2ed9a03950dd8d87af2.png

Click this and is takes you direct to the 'complete' screen, missing out the 'details' screen:

image.png.aa850df4c5c9e80880ae1158a1038005.png

I know that's not what you asked, but it might mean that you don't NEED to have the 'complete' text changed? 

thanks

Hi Paul

Thanks for the pointer, that may help as I was more concerned about the Analysts picking up on what they would probably deem to be another un-needed tick box to progress the request - I will take this away to the team managers and see if this would suffice as a workaround to avoid the confusion.

I don't suppose there is anyway to set this tick to always be 'On' that you may know of, or is it a manual task on each activity?

Many thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

As far as I know the tick box is ALWAYS there, it just needs to be hovered over to see it! 

Maybe it could be raised an improvement request to make it more obvious (by making it 'always visible'? Once you know it's there though it's easy enough to get to.....I suppose the fact that it's not always on makes it easy to miss!