Timer - New options to Pause and Un- Pause by BPM Node

Martyn Houghton

Would it be possible to have additional options added to the entity 'Timer' node to allow the manual pausing and unpausing of the Response and Resolution in the BPM, so that this can be controlled by workflow so having the option to control this outside of the automated status change process.

Related to my earlier post link below.

Cheers

Martyn

• 2 months later...

@James Ainsworth

Thanks. Given that we can disable the automatic stopping of the SLA timers when using the Resolve Timers, having the ability to pause it means that we can then use the customer confirmation buttons in the portal to allow the request to un-pause the Resolve Timer, without the need to re-open the ticket.

Cheers

Martyn

• 2 months later...

@James Ainsworth

Thanks for the update. Hopefully  this will progress soon as it is not possible to use the 'Resolve' actions in the portals for the end user/customer to confirm the issue is indeed resolved whilst pausing the SLA timer, so if they advise it is not, the SLA does not have to be reset, just un-paused.

Cheers

Martyn

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

@James Ainsworth

CH00163457 is showing as completed and released, but I have not been able to locate it in any of the recent Service Manager announcements.

Can you confirm which version it was released under and are they any details on the new node, as I am not able to locate it as a Tash under Application > Timer?

image.png.97e2d38212dcc14c5b033d31eb3cafad.png

Cheers

Martyn

• 2 weeks later...

@James Ainsworth

Thanks will be a great help. Thought the release announcement has some details on the settings to control the automatic behaviours, this does not seem to be documented on the linked wiki page, on the new BPM options are listed. Can the documentation be updated to provide more details on the settings and how they interact with the new BPM operations?

• Service level resolution timer in a Request can now be paused after the Request's status is resolved. The resolution timer can be paused and resumed automatically via "app.request.pauseResolutionTimerOnResolve", "app.request.resumeResolutionTimerOnReopened" and "app.request.stopResolutionTimerOnClose" application settings. Alternatively, to control this behaviour via a process "Application > Timer > Pause Resolution Timer" and "Application > Timer > Resume Resolution Timer" Hornbill Automation tasks can be used. - See more on the wiki https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Service_Manager_Business_Process_Workflow#Request_Timers

image.thumb.png.822e19d0682f3dae400a6afab6ec2c86.png

Thanks

Martyn

• Like 1

Hi @Martyn Houghton

Thanks for feeding that back, I'll speak to James regarding the best location to place the information you mentioned.  I suspect we'll place in somewhere with a link from the nodes page here.

The information I plan to add will be as follows:

Pausing/Resuming/Stopping the Resolution timer

By default the settings are configured to provide no change to existing behaviour whether you use BPM or settings to control timer resolution

The settings provided to pause or stop the resolution timer when resolving a request are as follows:

app.request.pauseResolutionTimerOnResolve   (Default OFF) 
app.request.resumeResolutionTimerOnReopen   (Default OFF) 
app.request.stopResolutionTimerOnResolve    (Default ON)  
app.request.stopResolutionTimerOnClose      (Default OFF) 

For those using settings to control resolution timers:
You should choose the relevant settings to meet your needs, but note that app.request.stopResolutionTimerOnResolve will take precedence over app.request.pauseResolutionTimerOnResolve so ensure only the one you want to use is enabled

For those using BPM nodes to control resolution timers:
If you are using BPM nodes to control resolution timers the four settings above should all be turned off; If any settings are enabled then they will take precedence over BPM actions.
To enable pause/resume of a resolved request you can add the Timer > Pause Resolution Timer or Timer > Resume Resolution Timer BPM nodes as required in your BPM process.

If you have any feedback or if there is anything unclear then let me know and I can make any suitable adjustments.

Kind Regards,

Dave.