Martyn Houghton

Data Provider - SQL Query support to provide dynamic list of values

Linked to our previous post (link at the bottom of this one), we want to implement a progressive capture process which one of the fields is a dynamic list of values which we want to create using a database direct SQL query on the Hornbill Instance, rather than having to duplicate data in simple lists which is not practical.

We are wanting to query a subset of organisations which have a certain industry type, to be used as the source for the dynamic drop down selection. This is in support of our previous post (link at the bottom of this one), where we are trying to implement Internal Services Requests that would be raised by our Project Management Team to manage subscription of services through Hornbill itself automatically, rather than having this to be done manually which is both a overhead and can be prone to errors.

I can see that the ability to create dynamic list from a database direct sql query would be useful for other users and organisations as well. It would need to support the returning of two columns, one as the Raw Value, i.e. organisation ID, and a display value, i.e. organisation name.

Cheers

Martyn

+1 - though this may go against what Hornbill are attempting to offer in their product (no code where possible etc.)... however if the option is there for advance users I would most definitely use it.

• Thanks 1