Requests - Ability to add Tags/Labels to Requests to aid in identification and searching/selection

Martyn Houghton

We are in the process of trying to convince one of our other service desks in our wider group to migrate to our Hornbill Service Manager Instance from 'Salesforce Desk'. One of the features they use extensively and is one of the blocking issues, is there ability to add multiple tags/labels to there requests which they then use as part of there process for identification and searching/selection. As Requests can have multiple tags/labels associated with them and they are not necessarily sequential nor singular we cannot utilise sub states to emulate them.

Example screen shot below show how these are presented, with them being coloured coded and appended in front of the subject line.

image.thumb.png.e8d0c67128e90d2637881cdacc74698d.png

Are there any plans to offer a similar Tag/Label facility in Service Manager?

If not can we raise this as an enhancement to provide the following:-

• Admin Tool - Setup Tags/Labels and assign colour coding.
  • Requests - Add/Remove Tags/Labels from predefined list.
  • Request List - add as additional column for display
  • Request List Views - add as an additional field criteria.

Cheers

Martyn

• 2 weeks later...

That's great re. @Martyn Houghtonrequest and your plans for it.

I can see the following being of use. 

1. Automatically create a library or dictionary (not sure what the wording is) of common words in requests and allow us to visualise it based on count... A bit like the tag cloud.
  2. Then allow us to define which ones will auto tag requests if the word is found when a ticket is raised. 
  3. Allow the auto linking of Assets if a tag as also linked to it. 
  4. If certain tags are the same thing spelt differently or abbreviated, allow them to be grouped together. 
  5. allow certain tags to be linked to priorities
  6. allow tags to be set via the BPM
  7. Allow them to be set in "Views" 

Maybe I'm just going crazy, but this could be very powerful. 

Thanks, 

Samuel Wood

• Like 2

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

I hadn't thought about how the tags could be used as per your screenshot... I just shot a few ideas down on how it could be used if it functions like the Document Manager Tags. 

How are the tags defined as per the application on your screenshot? 

Thanks, 

Samuel

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Michael,

You may have noticed that we recently added Tags to Assets.  Do have a look at these as this is similar to what will be used on the requests.    Adding the tags to requests is still in our backlog.  It would definitely be a nice feature to have.  I'm afraid I can't give a timeline for this yet, but hopefully not too far away.

Regards,

James

1 hour ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi Michael,

You may have noticed that we recently added Tags to Assets.  Do have a look at these as this is similar to what will be used on the requests.    Adding the tags to requests is still in our backlog.  It would definitely be a nice feature to have.  I'm afraid I can't give a timeline for this yet, but hopefully not too far away.

Regards,

James

HI @James Ainsworth tags for assets has actually become essential for a project we're currently running so very happy with this and very much using it :)

As for requests, we're quite desperate to have this functionality (the ability to both add manually and via BPM).

Regards and thanks,

Mike.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/11/2022 at 6:32 PM, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @Michael Sharp

This is still in our backlog for future development.

Hi@James Ainsworth is there a timeline attached to this please as has been in backlog for 2.5 years with quite a lot of interested customers from what I can see?  I guess we are all consuming valuable custom fields unnecessarily in the shortest term for various reasons!

Regards,

Mike.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...