Source Email Details' Hornbill Automation

Keith

Can someone expand on what this automation provides? I assume this in only for the initial email which generates the request and that this works whether a request was raised directly via the email from the mailbox or auto generated via mail routing? 

What details can be retrieved? And is there any way to retrieve specific information from the mail subject or body for use as part of the process.

@Keith

When the origin of a Request is an email (i.e. raised via Routing Rules or Email View), this option can be used to retrieve the details of the email message. This includes FROM address, TO address, subject, content, date sent and date received. You can use the Variable Picker or the Expressions Builder to make a decision on the retrieved details.

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Business_Process_Workflow - Get Request Information section - Source Email Details

18 minutes ago, Keith said:

I assume this in only for the initial email which generates the request and that this works whether a request was raised directly via the email from the mailbox or auto generated via mail routing? 

Yes

What details can be retrieved?

Answered above

is there any way to retrieve specific information from the mail subject or body for use as part of the process.

Not exactly...

@Keith it works well for our needs to be fair.

We use the prefix removal for all automated email logging where emails are external (from hosted providers) and it really cleans up the request list.

No longs list of: [EXTERNAL] XYZ Software has.....

Now we get: XYZ Software has failed to update

Which obviously makes life a lot easier when scanning down the list for issues.

I assume that you could probably get this to work with a regex expression as well (maybe to remove account numbers / mobile numbers etc)

The regex capture for the description also works really well. Just be sure to test it out on a regex checker first to make sure you are only capturing the stuff you want (we had a couple that picked up incorrect info because the regex caught something before the target data so we had to narrow down the regex a little more)

I still wish @Steve G would let us in on his list of stuff we can do that isn't published anywhere though....... :)  

• Like 1