Jump to content

Removing Teams no longer in use


Keith
 Share

Recommended Posts

I would like to remove a team which is no longer in use. All open and on-hold requests have been reassigned to an alternative team.

In speaking to support they advise that even all closed requests should be reassigned to an alternative team. However, I see that this would have a couple of issues:

1. This would have an impact on past reporting
2. How would this impact the request owner, since the alternative team assigned may not have the same team members?

I can't leave the team in place as I fear it will be incorrectly assigned to (we have some services which are open to all teams).

One major concern, is what would happen if a user reopened a resolved request (which I have not reassigned).

Would it be possible in future to mark teams as archived so that they are inactive and provide an alternative team for assignment purposes.

 

Regards

 

Keith

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm looking at doing the same (removing Teams no longer in use) - good to get the this functionality (so +1 from me).

Nasim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Keith @nasimg

3 hours ago, Keith said:

all closed requests should be reassigned to an alternative team

The keyword here is "should". Which means this is not mandatory but would be good if done... nothing will break if you don't reassign them though...

3 hours ago, Keith said:

I can't leave the team in place as I fear it will be incorrectly assigned to (we have some services which are open to all teams).

You can actually... just disable assignment for it for all users in that team and that team will no longer appear is the assignment drop-down list... Home - Applications - Hornbill Service Manager - Configuration - Service Desk

3 hours ago, Keith said:

what would happen if a user reopened a resolved request (which I have not reassigned)

If is not reassigned then nothing will break apart from team notifications. These won't work anymore as the team no longer exists. Also, anything in the process that is configured based on the now non-existent team (such as expressions in decisions and hardcoded assignments). This is valid for all ongoing requests, not necessarily reopened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Victor said:

You can actually... just disable assignment for it for all users in that team and that team will no longer appear is the assignment drop-down list... Home - Applications - Hornbill Service Manager - Configuration - Service Desk

This is good to know @Victor, I hadn't appreciated that.

Do you have any tips in marking the team as no longer used as it will still appear in the organisations area in admin (for anyone looking)? 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Keith all I can think of would be perhaps just change the team name in admin tool and add to display as "Team Name (Retired/Do Not Use)" sort of message... given that all assignments were disabled the team won't appear in any requests but it will still be visible in admin tool, on teams supporting services, in business processes...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Victor said:

@Keith all I can think of would be perhaps just change the team name in admin tool and add to display as "Team Name (Retired/Do Not Use)" sort of message... given that all assignments were disabled the team won't appear in any requests but it will still be visible in admin tool, on teams supporting services, in business processes...

Thanks @Victor  - I'd add reporting to those areas where this is visible also. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...