Redirect to request after login

HHH

If I send a link to a request to a customer who is not logged in, for example https://customer.hornbill.com/instancename/servicemanager/request/view/IN00000001 and they click on the link they are stopped by the login page (which is as expected), but after login the customer should be redirected to the request rather than having to search for it or look at their request list to find it again.
This is the way Jira or Facebook work and is expected behavior nowadays.

Please implement this feature.

+1 for me as I have also noted this scenario when sending a link to a Customer who was not yet logged into the portal - it would be much easier for our Customers to be redirected to the original link if they have to sign in from the link provided :)

• 3 weeks later...

This currently doesn't work if the portal redirects to the home page instead of requiring a login straight away (i.e. if the autologin setting is set to false).  We have a fix for this in a forth coming release which means that even in this case the customer will be redirected to the original URL after they have logged in, this will be in the next core release so should be available in the next week.

Thanks

Trevor Harris

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I know this was fixed (and forms redirect now as expected) but I have a related question with re-directing to an FAQ in a similar fashion. Perhaps someone can advise?

When not logged into Hornbill and following a HB URL for example:

https://live.hornbill.com/customer/catalog/service/com.hornbill.servicemanager/1/?faq=999

after login HornBill redirects to:

https://live.hornbill.com/customer/catalog/service/com.hornbill.servicemanager/1/

and not the intended FAQ page. 

Is this expected behaviour or are FAQs a different case to the above. Is there anything we can do as local admins to fix this?

Thanks,

Arthur

@Art at BU @Daniel Dekel

The original post relates to the Customer Portal and I can confirm it does zoom to an FAQ using the format of  https://customer.hornbill.com/<instance>/servicemanager/service/<serviceid>/faqs/<faqid>

The links you mention above relate to Employee Portal ie for CoWorkers rather than external Customers.

I can replicate the issue on our instance - where the Employee Portal does not honour the ?faq link if you have to go through the login process. It works if you are already logged in but not if you are redirected to a login stage beforehand.

Cheers

Martyn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Dekel said:

Hi @Art at BU,

I can confirm that this is not the correct behaviour. So I've added it to our issues list and will fix this.

Will keep you updated when is done.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks for your help and the update @Daniel Dekel and that's good to know it's on the fix list. Without holding you to a date... is this something that would be coming soon or more long term?

I have also noticed this with the authorisation emails.

If a customer does not have a browser session open and they click on the authorisation button - for example 

//activities/activity/?taskId=TSK20230908000028&outcome=accept

They have to sign in and then it takes them to the activities page a they get a pop up to create a new activity - which they have to close and then they have to locate the authorisation task from the activities list.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 08/09/2023 at 15:26, MichelleReaney said:

I have also noticed this with the authorisation emails.

If a customer does not have a browser session open and they click on the authorisation button - for example 

//activities/activity/?taskId=TSK20230908000028&outcome=accept

They have to sign in and then it takes them to the activities page a they get a pop up to create a new activity - which they have to close and then they have to locate the authorisation task from the activities list.

This appears to be working as expected again now in our instance.