Issue with 'My Staffs Requests'

DFarran

We are pulling through managers via our LDAP import however managers don't seem to be able to see their staffs requests. We have tested removing a manager from a user and manually adding them back and this then allows the manager to see the staff members requests. However it isn't feasible to do this for all users and if managers change then LDAP would overwrite it anyway. Is there any known issues with using the LDAP import to import managers and them not being able to view staffs requests?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel.

Hi Daniel,

This may suggest that the population of the manager from LDAP hasn't been set quite right.  There are no known issues.  I would start by looking at a user that has been recently imported, starting with their profile in Administration to see that the name of the Manager has been added and it shows the manager name correctly.

image.png

Next, if you look at the user's profile in the main client, make sure that again the manager is displayed correctly and you can click through to the manager's account.

One thing to check on the import configuration is under the tab User Options where the toggle for Search for Manager ID should be turned on.

image.png

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply, I have followed your advice and although the manager shows under the user profile in administration it doesn't show under the user profile in live so I assume this could be the cause. We didn't have the search for manager id set so I tried turning it on and reran the import but unfortunately no luck.

I think it is to do with the way we are importing users and the regex being used for the manager in the LDAP import, the handle for users is firstname surname (username) e.g. fred blogs (fb12345) however in some parts of the system (the 'manager' field under the about tab of a user in the admin screen for example) users show up as firstname surname (username) (username). I've just noticed that when I remove and re add the manager manually on the admin screen it is entering the manager as firstname surname (username) (username) but then on the user profile screen in live the manager appears as firstname surname (username).

What format would LDAP be expecting the managers name to be and therefore what would the regex need to be?

Thanks,

Daniel.

• 1 month later...

Hi @James Ainsworth,

It seems like for new users the import is now matching against the managers username but for any existing users its not updating them even though we have the import set to 'create and update'. Is there a way to resolve this? Maybe by clearing everyones manager so we can run the import to repopulate everyones manager with the username?

Regards,

Daniel.

• 2 months later...