Contacts/Organisation Visibility

Jack_Podmore

Hi guys, 

Is there a way to restrict the visibility of an organisation or contact to a particular user or team? I know you can mark a contact as "private" but there doesn't appear to be an option to do this whilst creating a contact - it seems you can only change this once a contact has been created. 

Our Data Protection team are looking to use Hornbill for external requests from our customers - presently we use this as an internal Helpdesk. We don't want our teams dealing with internal customers (other members of staff) to be able to see contacts for any external customer. 

I hope this makes sense. 

Thanks,

Jack

Hi Jack

The Contacts and Organizations are part of the Hornbill Collaboration.  In Service Manager there are a few places where you can control if both Contacts and Users can be used or search, but not all places.  Even if you could turn it completely off in Service Manager, the contacts and organizations menu options under Home would still be available.  

There is a collaboration role that includes the rights to view contacts and organizations.  It may be possible to create custom roles for your internal help desk that excludes these rights, but I have to admit it that using custom roles can often require extra work as they may need to be updated after a collaboration update.

Hi @James Ainsworth

Thanks for your feedback. At the moment all users (Helpdesk staff with a "User" license) are able to see ALL organisations and ALL contacts by default (unless you go into a specific contact and mark it private after creation). Are there any plans to be able to restrict users on which organisations/contacts they can see? Or at least be able to mark a contact as private on creation rather than having to do this after? 

Thanks,

Jack

HHH, 

There are options already available for this.  

This setting will limit the services that are available to Support Staff when raising a request.  They will only see services that they support.  In @Jack_Podmore 's case, this would mean that he could let the external support teams only see external Services and internal support teams only see internal Services. 
image.png

As a result of selecting a service, the list of users or contacts displayed will depend on the subscriptions to the services.

Within Progressive Capture there are 3 different search forms for selecting the customer.  Customer Search, Contact Search, and Co-worker Search.  The Customer Search will search and display both contacts and co-workers.  If someone only wants to return co-workers (internal staff) then they can use the Co-worker Search...

image.png

On a request, if you are looking to change the customer, the results will be limited to the customers that are subscribed to the service that is linked to the request.  

image.png

Hopefully some of these options may help.

• Thanks 1

Hi @James Ainsworth

Thanks for your suggestions. We have taken a look at this and unfortunately even turning servicemanager.progressiveCapture.servicedetails.enableSupportVisibility on, all teams are able to see all contacts even if they are not supporting the service the contact has subscribed too . This also doesn't stop our support teams just opening up the Customers > Contacts/Organisations section and be able to see all contacts there also. 

image.png.f515c4629dc611664a2df5fe1dc4849b.png

Thanks,

Jack

Hi Jack

As mentioned in my earlier post, the only way to remove the Contact and Organisation menu options is to create a custom Role that does not include the Can View Contacts and Can View Organisations.  The default role can't be edited so a custom role needs to be created without these application rights.  There is an overhead to maintaining custom roles so I would avoid it if possible.  I have asked about providing some additional default roles which would make this easier. 

image.pngThe d