Update Change Request fields during BPM

dwalby

Hi all,

Is it possible to update the built-in Change Request fields (e.g. h_implementation_plan) during BPM?

I'm trying to put together catalog items for common Change Requests (e.g. Windows Updates) that always have the same implementation plan. I'd therefore like to create a BPM that has pre-populated implementation plans, justification, etc. but I can't see how to do this?

It can be done during progress capture:

image.thumb.png.15f00380f0adaf62790b38a5a6a32b9c.png

Are you using different ProCaps for each common Change, or a single, generic one?

If the former you could just pre-populate that field and mark it as 'read only' and not mark it as 'visible on the form'

If the latter you could do the same, but you'd need to branch on a value collected previously to ensure you went via the correct form to populate the field with the text you want.

Hi @Steve Giller - different procaps for each change - I'll give it a try on the ProCap and let you know. Thanks!

33 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

Are you using different ProCaps for each common Change, or a single, generic one?

If the former you could just pre-populate that field and mark it as 'read only' and not mark it as 'visible on the form'

If the latter you could do the same, but you'd need to branch on a value collected previously to ensure you went via the correct form to populate the field with the text you want.