Time entry does not log

lcottell

Hi guys,

I've had several of our engineers report an issue logging time on requests.

Frequently, an action (be it a regular update, email or resolution action) with engineering time (usually 15 minutes) is logged but does not register. A timesheet category is definitely selected beforehand and yet, the "Total Time" counter does not increase and nothing is added to that engineer's timesheet. Furthermore, no error message is displayed.

For many people, on most occasions, this is resolved by simply refreshing the webpage and attempting to add their time again. However, often this does not make any difference and a manual entry (in Timesheet Manager) is required.

If you could please advise in this regard as it is quite a pain to add time to requests when this is happening.

Of course, please let me know if you require anything further in order to look into this problem.

Thanks,

Laurence

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All, just jumping on this thread as I have had the same issue being reported to me from a number of our Users over the last couple of weeks. The main issue is Users are setting the timer clock going or entering a value, but this then does not translate or register against the total time field on a request. I will have to work through the examples provided by my Users, so will repost here when I have some specific examples

As a workaround I have provided guidance on how to manually enter a Total Time using the Timesheet function on the side bar which is allowing Users to still register their time spent.

Many thanks

Adrian