BPM Error

DFarran

Hello,

Could anyone advise on what might be causing the below BPM error? It seems to be something to do with notifications? I have checked that the email templates being used exist with the correct names and we are getting notification emails for other requests but requests for this particular BPM stage are constantly producing an error.

The stage it is supposedly failing on is assignteam however it does assign to the team and appears to get to the next stage but because the BPM fails it then doesn't carry on.

Xmlmc method invocation failed for BPM invocation node 'stage-0ef24be4/flowcode-8c317731': 0200 apps assignTeam FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_bpm/assignTeam): nodeName: Invoke Flowcode: smNotification; nodeId: 23c81bf0-e5b1-451f-84ef-ce38d1007633; At 497/1: "Uncaught EspMethodCall::invoke: Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/Requests::smNotification] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_ops/smNotification): nodeName: JavaScript Operation; nodeId: 5100fe99-d664-486e-808d-905baa68fdb3; At 164/1: "Uncaught EspMethodCall::invoke: Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/Requests::smNotificationAssignmentTeam] FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_ops/smNotificationAssignmentTeam): nodeName: Invoke Flowcode: smNotificationSendEmail; nodeId: 6cb73c6c-6c4b-4f69-a4fb-2e63fb62a2bd; At 363/1: "Uncaught EspMethodCall::invoke: Operation[apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/Requests::smNotificationSendEmail] SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input" throw(e); _fc_node_exec_6cb73c6c_6c4b_4f69_a4fb_2e63fb62a2bd" throw(e); _fc_node_exec_5100fe99_d664_486e_808d_905baa68fdb3" throw(e); _fc_node_exec_23c81bf0_e5b1_451f_84ef_ce38d1007633

Thanks,

Daniel.

from what i can tell in the error it does

-assing to team 
-sent email.(no spaces behind the email template name) 

Another thing for troubleshooting is get the BPM-ID for the problematic request (i tent to use chrome / F12 / search bpm-id in the Elements Tab .. to get the number) 

You need to enable experimental.feature.bpm.allowinstanceediting 

from the BPM window (bpm list) there is a toolbox like icon top right corner where you can put the bpm number in then hit the edit process button, to see where it hangs 

• Like 1

Hi Martijn,

Thanks for the advice, I can see the stage its failing on but its just an assign to team stage so there's nothing special about it. The only thing different with this particular BPM is that its assigning the call from one team to another but I don't see why that would make a difference in terms of sending the notification email.

Regards,

Daniel.

@DFarran ok, had a look at the process and request and is not often when I say this but I don't know why the error occurs. I've asked dev team to look into this.

I see the request is in resolved state but I have cleared the error on that request though so the workflow can be progressed.

Thanks @Victor, just as an update we got all the analysts in application support to turn off email notifications for 'assign to team' and the process doesn't error for new calls. So it appears to be an issue with calls that are being assigned from the 'awaiting authorisation' team to the 'application support' team and sending notifications to the application support team members. Other calls were working fine with the email notifications where a call was assigned straight to 'application support'. For now we'll have to keep notifications off but it would be great if a resolution could be found.

Regards,

Daniel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...