Timesheet Manager Categories

Lauren

Hi,

I have a few queries regarding the categories in Timesheet Manager:

1) We need our system administrators to have permission to edit existing categories that haven't been created by them. Currently, it seems only the creator (owner) can edit/delete them. Is this possible?

2) I believe that anyone who is listed as a Team Leader or Manager in their respective team has the ability to create categories. We want all staff within IT to be using the same categories, therefore need to remove the ability for Team Leaders or Managers to create their own categories. A way round this would be to mark everyone as a Member of their teams, rather than Team Leader or Manager. However, I think this means that they'll no longer be able to view the timesheets of their staff within the Reports area of Timesheet Manager. How can we get round this, as we still want managers to view their staff members' timesheets?

Thanks

Lauren

Hi @AlexTumber

That's great, thank you.

One small thing I've noticed today - on the warning message you get when you've not added a timesheet category, there is a typo. It says categroy rather than category. Could this be updated please? Apologies if you're already aware. 

Lauren

@AlexTumber

Sorry - one more thing, I promise! I'm not sure if this is Service Manager or Timesheet Manager though. When time is added as part of an update on a request, there is nothing obvious on the timeline that shows time is associated with that post. Is this due to change?

• 3 weeks later...

@Lauren thanks for pointing out the typo - that's now been fixed for the new update.

Regarding the timeline post - this is not something we are planning on changing on the Service Manager side. That's not to say it can't be done though. I'll raise the requirement for discussion internally.

Alex