Session variables in captures

Alisha

Hello,

I would like to use the {{user.phone}} session variable in a progressive capture. However, it only seems to work if I put it in the Description field.

One of the questions we ask our customers is to provide their best contact number; the reason for this is if they are working at a different location, we will require that phone number instead for a call back. In order to improve the customer experience of logging requests, I wanted to use {{user.phone}} in the Default Value of a Single line text field so that their number appears and they don't need to type it in. I could even use both {{user.phone}} and {{user.mobile}} in the same field, and the customer would only need to edit the number if they are not working at their usual desk. Please could I request this as an enhancement, if not already possible. (I have tried, but can't get it to work.)

Many thanks,
Alisha

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi @Steve Giller,

The variables don't appear to work when we put them in the Single line text field. We would like to be able to use other session variables this way as well. So the details are pre-populated for the customer, and they can just amend them if they are incorrect.

Many thanks,
Alisha

Session Variables.png

Hi @Alisha

Sorry but this feature is not yet exposed, but good news is that I have it almost done - just need to clean up and test it.
All development of new features were postponed till full migration to Progressive Capture 2 (Intelligent Capture) which happen right now otherwise it all need to be supported and maintained in both.

Once migration is finished I will look to expose it.

Thank you,
Miro 

• Like 1