New Number Range for Requests (ERP Changes)

Nikolaj

Hi Nikolaj,

There is a way that you can change how the reference numbers are structured.  Documentation on this can be found here.  I would recommend consulting with the Hornbill Support or Customer Services before making any changes.  Changing these autovalues will effect all request IDs for all request types so it needs some planning and understanding of how the autovalues work.

Regards,

James   

Hello James,

Thanks for your help. If it is for all request ID´s and for all types then it make no sense for us in this case to change it. What we would like is that it is just for one request type. in our case a "special ERP_Change request"

who required a continuous numerating. 

Best Regards

Nikolaj

I'd be interested to know if we can use a separate auto value sequence when raising certain types of requests.

I know we can create our own auto values but we cannot seem to use them anywhere.

Thanks,

Samuel

One thing that might be possible is using the rec(name) option. If you look at the current Auto Value this is used to populate the prefix (IN, CH, SR, etc).  I'm wondering if this could take a value from a custom field.  If that field is only populated for a particular request type it may be that this is include, and request that don't have a value might be ignored.  This data would have to be there at the time of the creation of the request record.

What is it that currently determines or sets this unique change request type?  

image.png