Access to reports based on Job Role

samwoo

As we have a couple of other teams outside of IT using Hornbill, they need to be able to do twmheir own reporting.

Could we have the ability to specify which reports can be run and which reports can be editted based on roles? In addition to this could we also restrict visibility to certain reports as well as access to reports based on roles.

Whilst we could have generic reports, the reports can be accessed and amended by anyone with the Service Manager Reporting role.

If this is already possible, then I apologise as I must be missing something.

Thanks,

Samuel

Guest Paul Alexander

+1 for this please.....it would be very handy to allow other teams to have access to JUST their reports. 

Hi @samwoo

Are you talking about just viewing or creating / editing?

I have scheduled reports running which automatically update reports in Document Manager Libraries, access to these libraries is then controlled by department, or by division.

For example, our hotels open maintenance requests, I automatically generate a daily report at the time of shift change. 

The relevant team (usually reception and housekeeping)  can log into the service portal and view the up to date reports that are relevant to them.

I guess the downside with this approach is that you probably have to create and publish the reports for anyone that needs them. 

This works for my business as we are relatively small.

Regards,

Will.

+1 to having folders as @HGrigsby has requested

@Will J Douglas,

It's more for managers/certain users who may want to go in an run a quick a report, be able to manage/schedule their own reports and not have to see  reports for other teams.  Basically puts the onus on them to manage their own reporting.

Thanks,

Samuel