Raise New ---- Change The flow is poorly formed. Please contact your PCF Manager.

Hi,

When I raise a change using Raise New Change direct from Drop Down - the capture flow works.

I understand this drops straight into the New Change progressive capture (which then drops into my self configured "IT Change Request Request" that is set at the catalog item level capture correctly

When I raise a change using Raise New and then select Change afterwards I get the "The flow is poorly formed. Please contact your PCF Manager." error at the point when I'm clicking Next after selecting the Service.

I understand this process uses the New Request capture, and then  switches into the New Change progressive capture after the request type is selected.

New Request Capture

image.thumb.png.537f7a456fe6c14184b34ce9908ee6be.png

New Change Capture

image.png.52fb1ca3309c37684b780ff887abceb9.png

My Capture

image.png.ec44e1c7280dee033a4b4ab131c8767d.png

In theory in looks like it should end up at the same place when the capture branches but it isn't working.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Will.

@Will J Douglas,

I tend to find using the equal to operator (==) very tricky to manage, and I am not sure why.  In cases like these I would always use contains operator, and just use the word "change"

It would look something like:
Request Type contains (the word) change

I wont say that this will work though (but it could do?), you could give it a try.  No doubt @Victor will come up with a much better answer though.  This Sith Lord has the power to everything.

Thanks,

Samuel

Top of the error details message is 

{"dumpMessage":"nextNode is empty!","attr":{"name":"new request","application":"com.hornbill.servicemanager","pcTemplateUrl":"app/features/pcapture/template/pc-template.html","pcControllerUrl":"app/features/pcapture/template/pc-template.controller.js","autoNextButtonView":"left","pathToFiles":"lib/espphplib/app_resource.php/1554-6-5419:com.hornbill.servicemanager/app/features/pcapture/forms/","inputParams":{"newRequestType":"Change Request","knowledgeSearch":{"user":

Hi @Will J Douglas

I think this is because you are using catalog items for Change Management, but in your "new change" progressive capture you do not have a "Switch Capture" node present (you have "end"). If you have a look at the flows we have set up for "new Incident" and "new service request" you will notice that that have the Switch Capture node in them. 

So you can try deleting the "End" node and replacing it with "Switch Capture" - to be set up like this:

Screenshot_8.png

And see if that resolves the issue?

Kind Regards

Bob

Hi @Bob Dickinson @Victor

I have made the suggested change (removing the End node and replacing with a Switch Capture Node (to switch to the Catalog specific prog capture form)

This has cleared the PCF error but it also skips the RFC custom form that is in included in the Information Systems Change V2 prog capture attached to each catalog item.

Regards,

Will.

Hi @Will Douglas

I believe this should all be set up correctly now, regardness of whether you click the "Raise New" or "New Change" button. 
Could you try again, and describe the scenario where the Custom Form does not appear (i.e. the method from which you have raised it - Raise New, or New Change - and the Service/Catalog Item that you are selecting)?

Kind Regards

Bob

• 5 months later...

Hi @Bob Dickinson

Apologies I had parked change management implementation for a while due to other commitments.

I've been having a play around with this today and I see some strange behavior that I can't explain.  Whether I select New Request or New Change - I get prompted to select an asset despite their being no asset selection node in either the default new change capture or my custom capture which I have applied at the catalog item level.

Currently I have the

new change capture set up as. ....  Request Details  - Service Details - Switch Capture

custom capture set up as.... Service Details - RFC Form - Select Change Implementer - End.

Both approaches  it still asks for an asset after the request details form, it also asks for an implementer  after the asset selection even though this isn't in the new change capture and should appear after the RFC form should which is included in my custom capture

Regards,

Will.

Hi @Will Douglas

Thank you for sending the details. I have just taken a look at your instance and setup, and when I have raised a new change via either method, it has run through the entire Progressive Capture without a prompt for an asset, so I am seeing different behaviour to you. I have verified this by double checking the Services, Catalog Items and their associated Captures and as you mention above, none of them contain the default asset form so it is behaving as I would expect. 

So perhaps this is a different issue - please could you try the following:

• Raise a New Change using a the private/incognito mode on your browser (in case this is some kind of Cache issue)
  • Ask a colleague (who is subscribed to the Service) to also raise a change and see if they are prompted

If after both of these tests, you are still being prompted, please could you post a couple of screenshots showing what you see direct before, during and after the prompt

Kind Regards

Bob

Hi @Bob Dickinson

I've tested using Raise New via Incognito and confirmed it is working okay now so must have been caching issue.

I tested with Raise New - Change from the dropdown and it is still having issues.  It prompts for Request Details and then errors before Service Details Form  I changed the prog cap to put the Service Details form first and then Request details - it then just skipped both...  I deleted the nodes and created them again and it now appears to be working....  Looks like it might have been some corruption in they Prog Cap, seems okay now

Thanks,

Will.